Cassia Bakeriana, Pink Shower Tree

Homestead, FL(Zone 10a)

Looking for a small plant of Cassia Bakeriana, also known as Apple Blossom Tree, or Pink Shower Tree. If anyone knows where I could find one, please let me know. Can do a trade or pay postage as well. Thanks.

Thumbnail by chiquib313
High Springs, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow - that's gorgeous. Another one to add to my wish list!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

http://crowleynursery.net/trees1.htm

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

My word,I had no idea there were so many different cassias. I have always wanted to go to Crowleys and never had the time when I was nearby. Now I know I HAVE to get there.

LOL, Alice - I like their plants, too, but the postage is really high, so I'll just look and drool at what YOU buy!!!

Homestead, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks for all the info and websites. This is a beautiful, small to medium size tree, perfect for small yards. The branches are very flexible and hold up well in strong winds and storms and grows well in S. Florida. It flowers in early spring and it puts up quite a show of blooms that resemble apple blossoms. Can't wait to get one and see it bloom.

Alice, I mis-spoke about Crowley's postage costs - they don't ship.

Homestead, FL(Zone 10a)

Crowleys is a little too far for me to go buy a plant. I need to look further into some local growers that may have it.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

top tropicals accepts mail orders.

All mail order places charge way more for postage than it actually costs.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

THATS FOR SURE.

It's just quite sad that it's not a native.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i don't have a problem with paying postage and handling. unless it's a one man operation, they are paying someone to pick out the plant, wrap and ship plus all the hundreds of other things there is to do around a commercial nursery. i patronize them because i don't want them all going out of business. then we'd have no good selection of unusual plants to even lust over. they also have to pay for those tags and licenses you see on the side of the box that guarantee they've been checked out and aren't full of yet more bugs from other states. we have enough already.

Amen to that, just think about the packaging materials alone. My exception is Annie's Annuals. that gal charges big time! She insists on sending things overnight to the east coast. That is overkill IMO ( but nobody asked me.) LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.