(Fancyvan) Carol Vanvelzer

Victoria Harbour, ON

Are they still talking about closing the park Susan?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yes - Sept 2017.
several homes are getting demolished here - don't know the people, but wonder if they know something I don't, or if they're just tired of waiting......

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Thinking of Carol during this Christmas season ...

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

She would be making doggie beds for Christmas fund raisers

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yes, she would - and would have already gone to the Peter Loughead house for the annual Christmas Party - she looked wonderful in her period costume. I wish I could find the picture of her & my mom, but changed computers too many times, and I'm afraid I lost it......

Why do I think of Carol at this time every year ..
I guess because she was always so positive, and upbeat ..
I do miss her .. and, hope she is with her beloved furries ..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I think I think of her most this time of year because of her love of volunteering at the Lougheed House, and Christmas was their favourite and most decorated time of year...

Victoria Harbour, ON

Seems we all think of her...what a lovely tribute to her..am sure right now she would be deep in making her beds for the furries and donate to the animal shelters

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

and helping decorate Lougheed house, and manning the tours. Here's a picture I have of her & my mom in the dining room at Lougheed House in 2009

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Victoria Harbour, ON

Beautiful Susan..thanks for sharing!

I remember Carol fretting over those 'leg o mutton sleeves' ..

Carol enhanced my life ...

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I used to have a picture of Carol with her prize winning peonies, but changed computers and lost it......

I think if you look waaaaayyyyyyyyyy back in one of 'our threads', it'd be there.

As a matter of fact .. way back in this thread, June 19, 2012 .. you can see the pic :-)
You can have it back .. a gift :-)

Her smile makes me smile ..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you, Marilynne!!!

:-)

~M~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.