ROUNDUP at my house July 8 during peak daylily bloom

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I would just like to announce that I will be hosting a Round Up at my place on July 8, which should be right about peak bloom for the daylilies this year, as everything is blooming so much earlier than normal. I have started a thread for that over in the Roundup forums where I can make a list of everyone who would like to come. Here is the link: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1263703/

I look forward to seeing old friends again, and hopefully some new faces as well.

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

will let you know.. it's on the calendar

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sundays are hard

:(

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I'm sorry I won't be able to make it, we have company coming from out of state and a huge party on the 7th.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

How exciting, Karen! Unfortunately I'll miss it cuz we will taking our granddaughter back to Oregon and will be gone for the month of July.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

That's okay, guys. I know not everyone will be able to come. Yes, Allison, I know Sunday is not the best, but on that Saturday I will be having a daylily sale at my house, so Sunday it will be. You're certainly welcome to come to the daylily sale if you can't make the RU.

Karen

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Don't think I can commit to July 8, but maybe things will change by closer to then.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Would love to spend the weekend in MA...will let you know

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

karen i already have other plans that day - hope you have great weather!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Bill. Jen and Rosemary, that would be great if you can make it.

Karen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Need ideas for nice safe area to stay in

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

The Pilgrim Sands Motel in Plymouth is really nice, and right on the water. I know the owners, and provide supports for one of their family members. Here's a link to their website: http://www.pilgrimsands.com/ . They have an indoor and outdoor pool, nice rooms, their own beach and big deck that overlooks the ocean. Next door is Bert's Landing, where you will get a 10% discount when you show them your room key. Another nice place to eat is Sandy's on the beach.

Karen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Holey moley that's a lot of $, but I guess not if it's on the beach, but I can't afford that, looking for less than $100

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

There's lots of other places in Plymouth, but I don't know their rates. I thought about Hampton Inn, but then looked at their rates, and they were considerably more money.

The Governor Bradford Inn is less money, but still over $100. http://www.governorbradford.com/

Plymouth Bay Inn and Suites is close to me, and right off the highway. 15 minutes from my house, and not a bad place. Has and indoor and outdoor pool. I don't know what their rates are. http://www.plymouthbay.com/

I don't know how the Blue Spruce Motel and Townhouses is, but it's under $100. http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/hotelOverviewGuide.do?static=Y&jsk=354a050a364a050a201206130248083d4010300030&plf=PCLH&propID=18246304 . Maybe I could go there tomorrow and check it out for you, as I'll be in the area.

Karen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

both places $119 a night if that's the going rate I may have to just go for that

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I will put it down on my calendar and will come if at all possible. Patti

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Would love to see you, Patti!

Jen, I hope you find a good place. I don't know all the rates around here. I do know that the Pilgrim Sands is a really good place, and well worth the money.

Karen

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

HI Karen: Liza and I are planning to be there. Will post details later.

Happy gardening,
John and Liza

Thumbnail by JWLW
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Great, John! I will be looking forward to seeing the 2 of you again.

Karen

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Oh Dear.....Our grandkids will be here from Colorado and a big family gathering will be on that day. Please take lots of photos!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, Louise, bummer! I sure wished you could be here. Oh, well. I'll be sure to take lots of pics.

Karen

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Karen.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sounds good, Karen. Your property is beautiful.
I always have stuff to trade. The dahlias & grapes are gone for this year but there are Tiger lilies, a pink Asclipias with the candy fragrance from 3 years ago and way cool deep blue pompom columbine seed. I wish I would have visited Daves more often, lots of stuff got last ditch planting last week.
Andy p

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Great, Andy! It will be nice to see you again. I will put you down on the list. Let me know what kind of food item you would like to bring.

Karen

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ooohh Karen with this fracture.. I am going to gracefully bow out.. don't think driving that far will be in my near future.. sorry .. hopefully another day though

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Sorry about the fracture. You take care. I will share pics.

Karen

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ok good.. at least I can enjoy them!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Food? We are between strawberry & blackberry season. There will not be anything fresh from the garden ready & you don't want me to cook, really. I don't even cook for myself any more. I hope to swap a few plants, see a few DGers & tour your garden again, that's all. If you recall, I never even sat down last time. Just a shadow passing through.

I 've lost touch with DGers because I don't post any more. Someone in General Chat paid for this years subscription or I wouldn't be here at all. I'm too wrapped up with personal issues to play on the internet like I used to. The bypass surgery 25 months ago changed my life big time. I was forced to retire so now I play while I still can. Rode the bike 11 miles today & I feel great.
Andy P

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

we missed you Andy.. glad you are doing well now!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Good to "see" you Andy

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Okay, Andy, that's fine. Funny you should mention that someone paid for a subscription for you, as that happened to me 2 years in a row. Back in 2010 I was hurting for money, so some unknown DGer paid for me. This year, after I had already paid, someone paid for another year for me. So now I'm paid up for the next year and a half.

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. That is a good thing.

Karen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sorry Karen, not going to make this one :(

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Okay. You'll be missed. You are quite a distance away, though.

Karen

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

What time is the DL sale on sat ? I might have to come that day as Sunday might not work for me plus shopping for plants is right up my alley, always. Patti

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, I would love to have you come for my sale, Patti! It's going to be from 9-2, but if you come after 2, I can give you more individual attention. If you come during the sale, I could be busy, as I never know how many customers are going to show up, and I would love to be able to show you around the gardens and answer any questions you might have.

Karen

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I won't know what I am doing until I hear from house guest as to when they are leaving and the new ones are coming. Hate to be pushy. But that gives me options. Thanks, patti

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Sure, just let me know. I look forward to seeing you.

Karen

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

My life just got muddled so I can't come on either day. Sorry to miss seeing you and your garden. I had hoped to get to boojum's open garden this weekend too, but that is also not going to happen either as i am not going up to Vt until after seeing doctors in Boston on Monday. So sick of living my life around doctors appointments, but better than not having a life! Hope you sale goes well. Patti

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, how disappointing, Patti. I happen to off work for another week. Not going back to work till July 16, so if you can make down anytime this week, or on another weekend, just let me know, and I can arrange to be sure I'm around. I will be spending a lot of time in the gardens regardless.

Karen

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Looks like only 3 people will be attending my RU. I don't think my friend Karen will be coming, as she can't handle the heat. Oh, well, we'll still have a good time. I will be making baked beans and hot dogs and macaroni salad. I'll have plenty of daylilies for trading, and other perennials as well.

See you guys on Sunday!

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.