Spicebush Cats

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Isn't my baby cute? There's quite a few on potted plants in greenhouse.They've just about eaten potted spicebushes down to a nub but none have touch the much bigger spicebush shrubs in the yard. I'm wondering if I should chance it and move them to shrubs outside?

Thumbnail by bigred
Colima, Mexico(Zone 11)

your baby is absolutely adorable red...it is amazing to me how many people love butterflies but don't like the babies. when children come to my garden, i introduce them to what i call "baby butterflies" and they watch and let the babies crawl on their hands.

i don't think the spice bush butterflies come to my area, so i'm glad to see this little cutie pie. if there is no food left for them in the greenhouse, i would move them to the larger bushes outside. the pillars possibly will be more vulnerable to predators outside but at least they will have something to eat until they start to pupate.

in my garden, i have frequently moved caterpillars from one bush that is nearly exhausted to another bush with lots of leaves and they just keep eating.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I moved around my potted native shrubs and treees and located 2 more spicebushes that haven't been munched so they have some more that will hopefully take them to pupate stage. I have papaws and wooly dutchman's pipe with signs on munching and even some pillar poop on vine but haven't found the cats yet.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Very cute red!!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

my favorite lil cat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.