CLOSED: 2nd Annual Mug Swap Reveal (Show us yer Ugly Mug!)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

This is the reveal page for the 2nd annual DG Mug Swap!

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1257388/#top

We are closed to new participants and super secret mug swapeeeees were chosen at random this morning by the independent auditing firm Dewey, Cheatem and Howe. Each participant should have received a Dmail identifying the name and contact information of their super secret swapeeeee.

This is a mug swap.

If desired, you may include other items with your mug when you ship to your super secret swapeeee on or before June 15. Please do not identify yourself to your secret swapee until after swapping is complete and/or you may include your identity/return address/picture of your ugly mug with your package.

If you cannot meet the shipping deadline for whatever reason, never fear - we are an understanding bunch. Alternative arrangements may be made. Please just send me a Dmail giving me a head's up.

Now, show us your ugly mug!!!

No - your mug does not have to be ugly. "Ugly mug" is a slang phrase used, on information and belief (legalese), beginning in London where men's beer mugs were made having the image of a face on them. You can't trust the internet as I have no actual source for that data. I just like saying it on the reveal page. :D

Have fun ladies - if you have any questions, comments, or goofy useless information, kindly post it below.

xox
A.

Image courtesy Ugly Mug, Memphis Tennessee:
http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/2008/ugly-mug-coffee-posters/

UPDATED to show Participants and their Super Secret Swapeees

i.e. Participant ----------> Swapee

Susanl61520 ----------> Joeswife (Debra) rec'd.
Chickory31 (Kerrie) ----------> Irisluvr (Debbie) rec'd.
AmandaEsq ----------> Jsxtiger (Joyce/Jax) rec'd.
rvnsbrk (Juanita) ----------> AmandaEsq (Amanda) rec'd.
Joeswife (Debbie) ----------> Careyana (Carey) rec'd.
FruitOfTheVine (Susan) ----------> LhasaLover (Tammie) rec'd.
Jsxtiger (Joyce/Jax) -----------> Chickory31 (Kerrie) rec'd.
Mud_Elf (Kris) ----------> FruitOfTheVine (Susan) rec'd.
Careyana (Carey) ----------> Taters55 (Linda Kay) rec'd.
Taters55 (Linda Kay) ----------> Susanl61520 rec'd.
LhasaLover (Tammie) ----------> Crit (Patti) rec'd
Crit (Patti) -----------> rvnsbrk (Neener) rec'd
Irisluvr (Debbie) ----------> Mud_Elf (Kris) rec'd.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2012 8:47 PM

This message was edited Sep 4, 2012 4:53 PM

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Yippee Skippy!!!!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I am here!

Got my name...still no internet...

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Got my name.....YEAH! I know what to get! WOO HOO! (hint: something used to for hot drinks) :)

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Got my name ..... now to look for the purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-fect mug!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Got my name - I mean MY name. ha ah haa ha. They had to pick again on that one. Ooops. Supposed to be a secret. Guess what?!

I found the perfect box. silly, I know. But still . . ... A good box is hard to find.

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

Got my name also!
Been shoppin already too =)
Irisluvr U buyin a Thermos ? ;)

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Wanted to check in - got my name, but still have some shopping to do!!!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Likewise - I like having my partner's name because everyone is different. The sarcastic mug I might buy for Kerrie or Carey would not be the same mug I would select for LK or Debbie or Jax.

Now Neener and Susan (well apparently EITHER susan) might appreciate the same kind of mug . . . but who can say!?

For those of you who collect mugs from "places" I have a Starbucks giant mug from Massachusetts that I bought right before I left. I thought about giving it away last year because several of you indicated you liked LARGE mugs, but I guess there's still some nostalgia for me there.

jI also have some 'chopping' to do.

Can I ship booze in a box thru the post office?

All this talk about flavored creamers and the "why bother with creamer" crowd have me wondering . . ...

A.

I ship it all the time, I just don't tell them what is in the box. Make sure you wrap it well in bubble wrap! When they ask if there is anything liquid, fragile or dangerous, I tell them there is bubble bath!

lol LK! I usually use "It's BBQ sauce" or "It's hot sauce!" when I ship liquids. :)

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

I shipped a case of wine to CT from Mo we called it "sculptures" that were frageelee =P

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Lordy, Lordy. How could I lie straight faced to a postal worker?!

Kerri - I think I will be shipping some sculptures too...

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL Kerrie! A whole case? I've received bottles of wine through USPS from time to time from several individuals, if you're one of them I'm not telling, and have also sent them on a whim wrapped oh so carefully never giving the postmaster a clue.

I've got my Bud's name and have their mugs, just need to do a fly though on the previous thread to check her likes and dislikes.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm a slow poke ladies and now without a car - car trouble is the worst, ain't it though?

and THEN Court was kind (?!) enough to let me drive his truck this morning to help my friend to the feline spay/neuter clinic, and the truck battery died way out on the other side of town at a horse farm and me with no cell phone. Did get a jump start, but this one car family thing is new territory. I'll be hoping to get my VW roadworthy which is sitting at my mom's house in PA. Keep your fingers crossed! Need a ride to find my ugly mug. Perhaps it'll be mail order again this year - found the perfect mug for one of my trade partners (yes - ended up with 2 somehow!) at the Dr. Pepper museum in Wako TX. Yahooo.

A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I need to go shopping too... I have looked at a few places so far.. haven't found anything that is right.... yet! I may have to customize something... mmmm... idea!

Amanda, how did you stop in Waco and not make it to Austin?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Mail order, dearie. Mail order. ;)

A.

Oh well heck. There's much more interesting mugs for order in TX!!! http://shop.billybobstexas.com/billy-bobs-texas-guitar-handle-coffee-mug/ for example. :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Wowee! You're right. As it must be true that the best belt buckles are to be found there too. :D

I "stole" a super cool mug from a neighbor tonight. She's into pottery and when I stopped by on my walk around the block with my dog I often stop for a cup of coffee (she's got one of these fancy push a button kind of machines).

Anyway she opened the "mug" cupboard and I said "I like that "squiggly" mug. No, not that one, to the right next to that one, lower, lower yep - that's it!"

Do you think I'm a mug hoarder? I am showing the signs.

A.

p.s. That is not to say I am not without gratitude. I intend to give her the only rooted cutting from the miniature white rose bush that I dug up/rescued from a neighbor's curb. The cutting is in a 4" pot to give you an idea of size right now.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

looks a good trade to me, Amanda

Hey Debra, glad to see you posting, we were wondering if you were OK!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

So excited here! Ordered my swap partner's mug and I got it yesterday! Better than I expected! Hope she likes it! Now to add to the box and get it out!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

............if trying to reach jax, she not available, she beez out shopping ! .......or drinking from cuppa! or taking a dip in capn morgan!......sumpthin or uther ta do with a mug! memory aint as good, that's why they dont let me answer the phone, or take messages!!!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the smiles ladies - trying to imagine what kind of asylum Jax finds herself in where they won't let her take calls.... Hmmm.

Got more news - At least one of you will be glad to know that I was offered and accepted a job this morning with the City of Durham. It's part-time. I will be working for the department of public works, stormwater division. The city, in attempts to reduce pollution/runoff/effluent/erosion to tributaries into some of Raleigh's largest drinking water supply, has initiated a program of installing free rain gardens in residential areas, installing cisterns, native trees and plants. My job will be as liason to the homeowners who have applied for the free rain gardens, assessing the site, and making recommendations as to how to rank each site - the program is funded for 2 years and they expect to do 230 rain gardens over that time.

Outside bids have been taken from contractors to do the site work/excavation/soil hauling, etc. I will be making recommendations on which plants to use where. It's a very small isolated far out niche I've carved for myself, eh? But I am apparently the most qualified for the job. :D

That's the best news I've had in a year since my dammd hand injury last May. Will keep you posted. I hope it won't interfere with my Mug swap duties.

xox

Canton, IL(Zone 5a)

I ordered my partner's mug off of cafepress- pretty sure it fits her perfectly!! It is due to arrive on or around the 17th

*to my swap partner* I KNO UR GONNA love IT!!

Amanda, that is great news!

That sounds like a perfect niche for you, Manda, and is what many homeowners here have been required to do. You're going to be as asset to the City and if they have a brain, they'll keep you the full two years, or longer. Wait til they see how you shine! That's the Best news I've heard all week :)

I haven't decided to send the mugs I have already or place an order.....decisions, decisions. But I do already have the goodies to go with.

Congratulations Amanda! That is awesomely awesome news!

Hmm, when y'all get that program running, could you send me the link from the website so I can read more about it? Austin also has issues with dirty/foul runoff ending up in the creeks and rivers.

I should be able to get my mug this weekend and out by Tuesday. I hope!

whats a rain garden? it sounds like something I need! I only need one more mug and I am going to be almost on time.. LOL Work is good, except for all the cars that got damaged during the hail storm I missed. every car on the lot was hit with 2 to 10 k damage.

So glad Prayers were answered for you, Amanda. ;D

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks Debra - I know you were praying extra hard. ;)

Sorry to hear about the car damage! Sounds like it is time for a hail sale?

Canton, IL(Zone 5a)

Debra- you could sell the cars at a loss and turn in an insurance claim for the difference couldnt you?

Couldn't resist ordering a mug for my bud. Hopefully it will be here Tuesday or Wednesday. That's going to put me close to the wire for mailing, Manda. You still love me? lol

Debra, that is awful and hope the dealership has good insurance or will be able to write off the damage. Hubby used to run a small used car lot with a body shop and said hail damage is a witch to fix.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I got a mug in the mail today! Not sure who it is from but I love it! I'll post pics tomorrow! Too tired tonight to even take a pic! We tore down the paneling in the kitchen and took out all the old cabinets. Will have an electrician coming in next week to move the breaker box, re-wire the kitchen, add some new breakers for additional outlets, appliances, furnace and central air. Once the electrician is finished, new walls (drywall) will go up, new flooring, new cabinets, new countertops and the new stainless appliances are waiting in the garage to be installed! Been a long time coming and I can't wait to have it done!

Debbie

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Eeek! We have an early bird amongst us!!!

Froot - just keep us updated - we are an understanding bunch. ;)

In fact, in the middle of all my car trouble, new job, drug and alcohol screen and physical exam for said new job, trip to PA, normal daily craze, I have not even started looking. I have a vision though, and I wish I could deliver mine in person. :)

Goodnight Ladies (hey - isn't there a song in there?!).

A.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Congratulations on the job.. sounds interesting!

I was going to shop for a mug up in Ruidoso, NM on saturday while I was up there but we were woken up at 5 am by the sheriffs dept with an evacuation notice due to the Little Bear fire that was about 2 miles from our house in Alto at the moment. We packed a bag and drove home instead. .... no shopping. I haven't had a chance to get out to go shopping yet... don't know exactly where to look here in Odessa. I have looked at a few places but don't like anything I saw. I will find something... I was expecting to find the perfect mug in Ruidoso... best laid plans.... darn!

(our house is safe from the fire so far)

Tammie so glad you are ok from the fires, praying that you wil get some rain now.. how are the brugs?

Our owner has excellant insurance, believe me he will make money on this deal, all the car lots on that street got it( we call it car alley)

we have a crew in from Jackson Fl, they are experienced at P&D repair, so hopefully we will be done with this soon.
my car was not here, I was on vaction. now it is raining there and stuff. so glad we went when we did.
Got my mugs ready to pack up, was looking for something to go in the mugs. LOL

I guess no matter which part of the Country we live in, there's always some chance of peril from fires and hail, hurricanes and tornadoes, drought and floods.

My Bud's mug is supposed to be delivered today. Yeah! Will put goodies in the wind PDQ, Manda.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.