Lawn Drip Irrigation: A few problems....

Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

I had quite a bit of drip line left over after installing a system in my rose garden, so purely for kicks, I installed a system in my front yard. Yard is about 40' in width x 60' in length. I ran 2 lines down each side of the yard, and connected 6 equally spaced line to each end line. The system is on a timer, and does use a pressure regulator, filter, and backflow device, plus flush valves in 2 locations.
This works well, but I do get areas of thicker growth around the water lines, and when I mow, you can surely see the streaking where the lines are located. Any suggestions would be appreciated; the only solution I can think of is to double the number of lines across the yard, or possibly run the lines in a semi-circular manner every 10' or so (yes, that would take a lot of line) in order to more evenly distribute the water. That's the big problem with this system. I mainly did this because the front yard is relatively unshaded most of the day, and in these hot Texas summers, one has no yard if some measures aren't taken.

Thumbnail by scottishgent Thumbnail by scottishgent
This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!