Clump Shots

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

l2le, I got it last year as a gift plant from the hybridizer himself, Mike Grossmann, aka, mike144mann on the LA. There were no mention of it polying. Going over to his site to double check. It didn't bloomed in my garden last year. The four scapes averages 20 buds each.

This message was edited Jul 15, 2012 3:09 PM

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

No mention of it on his website northernlightsdaylily.com. I did write to him in this regards. Mike

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

MAPPING PENNSYLVANIA, TECHNY PEACH LACE

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Nice two Cindy !!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Mike!!!

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Very nice blooms everyone.

Here are my latest. My babies are to young to put out good clumps, but I have

Zella Virginia (4) One you can't see as I couldn't get it all in the picture!
Papillon - Triplets
Joan Senior - Twins

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

YAAAAY!!! I have a "clump" of Zella Virginia 6 blooms all at once! Of course it is only 2 years old, so 6 is quite a feat . . . . .at least for me.

Cee Cee has 4 and Papillon has 2, Ellen Christine has 2 and Walters Tango has 2

Also Mike, I can't find the one I saw that looks like that NOID I thought I recognized. If I do, I'll be sure to post it.

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

Lovely clumps everyone!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

l2le that ZV is none stop for you. Nices blooms. Thanks for the effort.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Forestlake Ragamuffin - clumping in the rain.
Victorian Lace - triplet
Mini Pearl
Carolina June Bug

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Elma Tipton - triplets
Camaroons - triplets
Big Snowbird
Frans Hals - "oldie but goodie". Reminds me of a song.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Endless Heart - pods galore
Sears Tower

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Beaverton, MI

Beautiful Mike. I cant believe the seed pods on EH WOW.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

After we had some rain, Cherry Cheeks really put out some blooms! My only clump remaining!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Closer shot of Cherry Cheeks......

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Irisluvr, Cherry Cheeks is a cute one.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

irisluvr - I really like that Cherry Cheeks. What a pretty color!

Mike, Elma Tipton and Big Snowbird are gorgeous! I also like that Sears Tower. The Foreslake Ragamuffin and Mini Pearl are really nice too. I can't wait for my Victorian Lace to bloom. That is beautiful.

I wonder if my clump I discovered earlier is the same as your Frans Halls. Sure looks like it.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

l2le do you have a pic of said clump ?

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Joan Senior
Sarah Hawes

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Love Joan Senior! Had it at one time but lost it.....may need to try again!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Indy Miner's Gold is a great late performer.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I don't normally like too many yellows but Indy Miner's Gold is gorgeous! And the fact that it is a late one makes it even better! Will have to add it to my list and watch for it!

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Mike, I am posting my "unknown" clump that looks kinda like yours. Also, your Joan Senior looks totally different than mine do. I bought mine at a local Wholesale place called Plant World. I like yours better!

Unknown clump

Papillon quad
Joan Sr - twin
Zella Virginia - clump
Walters Tango - Trip again

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice!!!

There could be several reasons why your Joan Senior looks different.
#1 It could be tissue cultured (cloned). A lot of tissue cultured daylilies do not look or perform like the original. Always buy your daylilies from reputable daylily growers. The big box stores (I don't know if I can mention their names) always carry tissued cultured daylilies and they do not perform like the originals.

#2 Soil and weather conditions can change the appearance of a daylily.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Your unknown is similar to Franz Hals, but I don't think this is it. FH is more bright orange and yellow, at least for me.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

l2le, that's definitely not "Frans Hals". It appears to be a nice one anyway.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

Mike...it was a good try anyway. I have no idea what that clump is. I must have bought it though! LOL

Your Joan Senior is recurved and mine is not. When I bought it, it has a tag on it from the nursery who potted it I guess. So, it sounds to me like Hemlady and Caitlin could be correct. At the time, I didn't know anything about daylilys AT ALL!

Anyway, no more NEW daylily clumps today. Twins of MY JR, a triple of Pardon Me and another quad of Zella Virginia all bloomed today, but they are the same ol' ones.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Joan Senior put out diffrent style of blooms. It's not consistent. Some are normal facing. Doesn't always curve at the edge. The fact that it is blooming now is also a good sign.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

True Mike, although I don't have Joan Senior myself, I know flowers can look different in different parts of the country.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7b)

I was wondering if that was the difference on my Joan Senior too. My weather here is very hot, I'm at 5,500 ft altitude, wind, you name it and also have lousy soil. Not near as acidic as what Mike must have in IL.

I have 3 more Walters Tango, 4 of Pardon Me, 6 of Zella Virginia and twins of Ellen Christine today.

Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le Thumbnail by l2le
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Apricot Sparkles
Big Snowbird
Rosy Returns - in the rain this am.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Rosy is not blooming as much for me this year. I think it is because we have been so dry.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy, I have made a concerted effort to water my known rebloomers that are in the front row. If they don't bloom it wont be my fault ! LOL!!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very true. Our city water is just awful. It doesn't seem to improve their bloom at all. We need rain.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

One of my future projects involve rain barrels.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I've been thinking of doing that too.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Got so far behind in labeling photos it is not even funny, then it was too hot to take pictures.

Here are a few from last month.

Pinhill Claret Symphony

Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206
Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Variations on Red!

West Virginia Tribute
Mahogany Magic
Ruby Throat

Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206
Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

All of these were taken June 4th.

A smorgasbord.