Clump Shots

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

We usually have a thread with clump shots, so here goes. Mine aren't the best yet, but two have more than one bloom. The first is Royal Eventide and the second is Tigerland.

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Very Nice!

Baltimore, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the pictures. My Tigerland is about to bloom here in Central Ohio.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'm pretty sure first one is Chamonix, Second is named but I've lost it's tag. I can almost remember but can't quite pull it out.Third one is Bradley Hardy. Last is bed w/ Domonic,Sparkling Orange and unseen on corner of bed El Desperado.Last picture is a duet rather than a clump,Chinese Scholar I think...this ones actually tagged but I'll have to look at it at daybreak to confirm.

This message was edited May 25, 2012 3:44 AM

Thumbnail by bigred Thumbnail by bigred Thumbnail by bigred Thumbnail by bigred Thumbnail by bigred
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's Mexicali Miss triplets and Bali Watercolor twins

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Beaverton, MI

Nice gingerjar.

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful. Sure do love seeing these blooms.

gingerjar, I love love love! your Mexicali Miss. Great color.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Very nice blooms and pic GJ.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

My first clump shot. Black Eyed Stella

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Nice pix, gingerjar, Bigred and Mike!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Blonde Ambition is supposed to double, but never seems to in our garden.
Elizabeth Alma-four blooms on its first day
Flash of Brilliance
Pumpkin Prince

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

S hirley Temple Curls

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

shirley temple curls...wow..never heard of her! or Bali watercolor! Just lovely.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Blonde Ambition looks beautiful even if it doesn't double! All Very Nice!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Selma Rose
Aragon triplets
Lipstick Traces twins
Peacock Maiden triplets

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Beautiful, And Love Aragon triplets!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh lordy...more daylilies to add to my wishlist.

Arkansas Post...had a lot more blooms on it but this was it's best angle.

Thumbnail by bigred
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Bali Watercolor clump
Blaze Away triplets
Curious George
Kiss My Grits twins

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Mask of Eternity
Octopus Hugs
Scnickel Fritz
Siloam Double Classic

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Sneaking away from chores to post a few.

Still one of my favorites from this year so far: Baby Boomer 5-14 clump (7)
Fancy Face trio
Helix
Isolde

Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206
Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Little Business trio
Lupita Vindez_Richard Taylor_Fancy Face
Ming Toy with Wild Horses in background
Molino Pink Loveliness

Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206 Thumbnail by DitchLily206
Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Neon Ember trio
Pumpkin Kid trio
Siloam Double Classic clump
Siloam Double Classic trio

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Vernal Tutone
Wild Horses
Winyah Spring Champ
Tod Fox

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Very nice pictures, Ditch!!!

Normal, IL

Kiss My Grits is wonderful!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful!! I know what you mean about adding to the want list for sure!!

Peggy, where did you find the Arkansas Post? I would love to have that one just because of the name! I am also trying to get Ouachita Beauty, and Camden Gold Dollar....... I have at least found a vendor for those if they still have any available. I am waiting for an email to verify.

Love all the pics! Kiss my Grits is gorgeous! Might need that one just because of the attitude! :)

They are all so beautiful................is there a daylilies anonymous or something for those of us who want them all ????

Genna

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

all beautiful!!! Love Kiss My Grits, Scnickel Fritz, Little Business, And Tod Fox!!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Bold Move triplets
Cherry Burst triplets
Spacecoast Hot Topic twins

This message was edited Jun 1, 2012 5:34 PM

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Applique clump

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Don, all of them are nice. My SC Hot Topic have a few scapes. I should see it bloom for the first time.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Nice, And love the reds, Especially Bold Move !

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Almost Midnight Twins
Art Imperial
Egyptian Queen
Lil Red Wagon started blooming this year with 4 blooms.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Nano Probe, a mini
Pumpkin Prince looks similar to this day after day.
Small World Alli
Vesuvian Blackout

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I have a question for ya'll..... I am in the middle of doing some foundation planting in front of our home and I have a background of azaleas and gardenias in one area...... another section has some small magnolias, camellias, and weeping youpon. Would ya'll advise planting some daylilies in front of these foundation shrubs? I have a space of about 3' the entire length of my house (100+ ft) that needs "something" in it. Of course, some of it needs to be evergreens or something that will have some interest in winter ..... but I am thinking daylilies would sure brighten it up in the summer!! :)

Suggestions??
Genna

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

gen, I received it in a trade

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna, I would suggest a mixture of plants to have some color all season long. In my front border I am using some long blooming daylilies. they might not be the latest and greatest but, they will be blooming for a long time.
Going bananas
Dynamite Returns
Rosy Returns
Ruby Stella
On and On
Red Hot Returns
Stella's Sparky
Stella's Ruffled Fingers
Kanai Sensei
Black Eyed Susan
Black Eyed Stella
Big Smile
Moonlit Masquerade
Happy Returns
When My Sweetheart Returns
Scentual Sundance
Just Plum Happy
Endless Heart
Big Time Happy
Pardon Me
Lavender Heartthrob
Apricot Sparkles
Nature Boy
Bitsy

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks so much for taking the time to share that list. I am fairly new to daylilies and don't have a clue which last longer..... do you have suggestions as to specific plants that are sun loving that might go well in that bed? I am not good at landscape planning at all !! I know from looking at your pictures that you dont have that problem!!

Thanks
Genna

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Gallardia comes in many color combination and bloom from spring to frost. Mesa Yellow is a fairly new long blooming one. Cone flowers. Heucheras are great for foliage. Hibiscus. Poppies, annuals and perennials. Clematis. Delphiniums. Lily trees. It's all about likes and dislikes. There's so much out there. Here is a couple place to start. I am hope others will chime in with their suggestions. gracefulgardens.com and bluestoneperennials.com. This is in addition to your local nursery. Mike

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL...well, my local nursery doesn't have much in the way of perennials! Almost all annuals...... a few azaleas, roses, etc some hydrangeas - that is about it :( Never heard of a lily tree - will need to look that up. I have a hardy hibiscus, but it gets way to large to go in the area that I have left...... but the cone flowers might work (i have a hard time getting them to live more than one or two seasons!), clematis could work in the background for sure.... not sure delphiniums will survive our heat and humidity. I do like the heucheras although i have never tried any...... if they will take the sun, I need to try a few of those as well. thanks so much for the info!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Loraine Sunshine Heliopsis
Lily Tree before opening.
LT in bloom
LT close-up

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.