Spider plant question for Gita

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Last Sept. at the plant swap, I got a start of an indoor spider plant. Do you ever put this plant outdoors in the summertime? I get the morning and early afternoon sun in the back of the house, and I was wondering if I could hang the spider plant outdoors like maybe hanging on a shepherd's hook or see if I could hook if over a dogwood tree branch? The dogwood tree is close to the house and the house next door sort of shades it or do you think that might too hot there? I used to put my shamrock plant outside in our screened in porch at our former home during the summertime and it did fabulously. Wished I had my screened in porch here..We built that ourselves and lived in there practically all summer. It was so nice..Now the current owners use it for a toy garage. We really miss that porch..

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I take most all potted plants outside for summer. I'll nudge Gita over here.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

My spider plants do really well hanging from the canopy framework on our deck in the summer, and they only get a little shade from the canopy.

Fairfax, VA(Zone 7a)

I put mine out too, usually hanging under a crape myrtle. It seems to enjoy the break. It doesn't have any problem with the heat, but should be protected from the noonday sun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.