Reblooming Iris?

Warrenton, VA

Anyone have experience with these puppies?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I purchased some 1-2 years ago from the marketplace - they were beautiful but didnt rebloom. Hoping they're acclimated enough to do so for me this year.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have Baby Blessed that does a great job at reblooming

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Probably want to make sure you fertilize them enough.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you Sally - will go throw some fish emulsion etc on them...sure the neighbors will thank me (again) - LOL

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

and speaking of Baby Blessed...just bloomed yesterday for the first time this year

Thumbnail by flowAjen

LOL CHantell, have you ever met a smell you didn't like??

Yay Jen! so cheery!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

^_^ Ummmm....yeah Fish Emulsion is not on my fave five...

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

I am unfamiliar with these reblooming iris. Have they been available very long? Do they look just like regular iris when they bloom?

The reason I ask is that last year on my paper route I noticed iriis blooming at a weird time of season for iris blooms as far as I know. Chalked it up to weird weather which caused many plants to deviate fron norm. Could I just have been seeing some re-bloomers?

I like the name and colors of yours, Jen.

Thank goodness I live down wind from my nearest neighbors re fish emulsion! But then I am way near the Bay where a whiff of fishiness wouldn't be all that unusual. hahaha That's my story and I'm sticking to it,

This message was edited Apr 18, 2012 9:26 AM

Warrenton, VA

Speaking of smells, have you ever stuck your nose into one of those old-fasioned purple Iris, you know, the ones that smell just like Welch's Concord Grape Jelly? Well, did ya?! Nothing like it!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Coleup, they pretty much look like the other ones...
here's a whole selection of rebloomers http://www.schreinersgardens.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SIGO&Category_Code=REBLOOM
the Baby Blessed also has a light sweet fragrance which is a great bonus

Gracye was just thinking about finding some of those to buy

I have to test again--when they bloom--but I did notice one of my iris scented last year

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.