IRIS GALORE!! Picture sharing!

Cherryvale, KS

My iris are extremely EARLY!!! Wow! There will be nothing left when it it show time! This is when I usually weed, but can't because of the bloom stalks! We bought another 5 lots in town and have 250 growing there this year. I think we'll open it to the public next year, after everything is established. Hope you all made it throught the winter! Happy Tuesday BIF's!!! Kisses from Kansas!
1 Coffee Shop

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

1 Talk Show Mania
2 Teenybopper
Wish you were here to weed!! LOL

Thumbnail by NickysIris Thumbnail by NickysIris
Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

My first to bloom was TB 'Matriarch' and then SDB 'Crystal Ship'
I don't even want to hear that dirty word (weed). Where I was not here last fall I didn't get all of my beds cleaned out. Now everything is growing all over and the irises are blooming. Cold windy days...well a lot of days are warm but the WCFactor makes it feel freezing! I have been pulling and digging as best as I can without getting so close that I might break the stalks.

This message was edited Apr 11, 2012 2:58 PM

Thumbnail by estrail1rider Thumbnail by estrail1rider
South Hamilton, MA

first 2 MDBs opened today. 'Rosa Brooks' gold & 'Petite shadows' purple Some species pumilas are starting to bloom as well.

This message was edited Apr 16, 2012 4:34 PM

Cherryvale, KS

Happy Friday!! My batteries keep dying! Trying desperately to take pictures! We are under threat of thunderstorms! phone rang and now I can't remember what picture I loaded! LOL

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Last picture was High Master!
Christine Suchy and County of Kent!
Have a great day!!! Kisses from Kansas!

South Hamilton, MA

Great pictures. Be careful of that storm.

Cherryvale, KS

1) And Kyler Too
2) Dazzling
Happy Monday BIF's!! The storms are over for awhile! Had a great meeting yesterday in Joplin with Judy Eckoff, region 18 vice-president!

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

My Man in Black is doing good, just started to open up. It is a very nice color.

Thumbnail by kiseta
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

This is the same Iris this morning.

Thumbnail by kiseta
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Things are very early in my garden this year.

Here's the first to open

1. A heirloom NoID
2. 'Batik'
3. 'Beverly Sills' - maybe this is 'April in Paris'?

This message was edited Apr 19, 2012 9:58 AM

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

'Hello Darkness' (I think - the tag is lost).

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
South Hamilton, MA

A bit blue for that HD is more a purple-black.

Cherryvale, KS

1. Braggin Rights
2. Chemistry
Happy Wed.!! Went to square dance lessons this evening!! FUN
Indepenence Garden Club coming tomorrow to see iris!! (and weeds) LOL
Kisses from Kansas!

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

For some reason, my camera makes this iris look much lighter than it appears when I look at it in the garden. I tried a new photo this morning, but it still comes off lighter than it appears in the garden.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

I don't know the name of this iris, but I love the subtle shades.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

An heirloom NoID given to me by a friend several years ago.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Another bloom opened on my 'NoID' and I now realize it is 'Local Color' - for some reason the beards on earlier blooms were not orange... has anyone else had that sort of occurrence?

Cherryvale, KS

Doe Z Doe
Happy Friday BIF's!!! My beards have never changed, but getting some weird specimens!! Multiple falls and strange conjoined petals!! Have a great evening!
Kisses From Kansas!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

My irises are starting early as well normally no mdb start until May 10th but I had alpine lake and sleey time open today.
Mainer

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

My dwarfs are starting.
Baby Blessed
NOID Blue
Aurora Sea

Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836 Thumbnail by ge1836
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

A wonderful short, copper colored NoID opened yesterday - any clues to the name?

South Hamilton, MA

any clues, trade or bought, or there when you started your garden? It looks like the falls have plicata trait.

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

These are all noids in an iris bed i am clearing out and moving. i love the colors, wish i had a better camera!

Thumbnail by risingcreek Thumbnail by risingcreek Thumbnail by risingcreek Thumbnail by risingcreek Thumbnail by risingcreek
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

IrisMA - The copper color iris is in an area I planted with divisions I received from a local gardener who offered them when she re-worked her beds. I wrote down the names of everything she said she gave me, but none match the description of this iris. I've sent her a note, to see if she recognizes it, but no response so far.

South Hamilton, MA

I hope that you can find out.

Cherryvale, KS

Celestial Explosion
Happy Sunday BIF's!!! Spent week-end digging a few iris and potting cannas. Most iris are still blooming, but others are preparing to move to new garden!! LOL Really getting some gorgeous first time blooms, along with some obvious mistakes! Kisses from Kansas!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
(Zone 7a)

NOID Iris from a relative. It was growing in her yard when she bought the house.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

My dwarfs are wearing snow caps.

South Hamilton, MA

Don't worry, they are tough. One or 2 flowers may not be pristine, however.

Cherryvale, KS

iris Bold Statement
Happy Tuesday BIF's!! My back hurts, and I grow weary!! LOL Trying to move some iris that are overstepping their boundries!! The flowers are beautiful and I wish more iris nuts lived closer ! Kisses from Kansas!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

beautiful

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Princess Caroline de Monaco

Louisville, KY

Some of my dwarf's now completed for the year

Thumbnail by timeinabottle Thumbnail by timeinabottle Thumbnail by timeinabottle Thumbnail by timeinabottle Thumbnail by timeinabottle
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice collection

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

A dark beauty - perhaps this is "Hello Darkness"?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Luv the darks

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

I'm not sure what this one is called. I think it was given to me by a local iris gardener, but she says it doesn't look familiar to her. Anyone have a clue?

Cherryvale, KS

I can never guess!! I do know for sure it is an iris!!, and pink! Getting ready to go set on the heating pad!! My back is really sore.
1???
2 Astro Bubbles

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

POND LILY?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.