CLOSED: Birthday Club For April

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

((((((((KRIS))))), how exciting. Love it!

Thanks for posting Twyla's note Neener. Hope you are doing better.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Elfie it's awfully cute.

Too bad you won't be having any more kids so when I ask, "were you born in a barn?" they would have to say, "Yes." :D

A.

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I think the whole message was from Twyla-even the health part of it and the being late, which we don't mind at all! And Twyla should know that by now :)

Elfie, that is going to be so much fun to get fixed up!! I'm sitting here amongst a gazillion boxes, but I'm in my house LOL.. I've met the neighbors on both sides and they seem really nice. (the one did invite me to their pool parties when they start having them this summer)

When I find my camera cords, I'll send you a picture of what I've done to the front of the house- put up a very special wreath that I won at last year's VA roundup, made by our own Miss Neener :) Oh, and so far, I've counted at least 6 different hostas at this house..woohoo!

Manda,," Ralph says HaHa very funny Manda"

They are at the place now moving the RV in also running new power lines and breaker boxes. I was told to stay at the house cause I have a migraine,,,but I tried to sleep and it is not working, so I am going up there in a minute or so...

Chris>> so glad you are getting moved in. I am very happy with no neighbors after the last set I had. That may change later down the road,, but I do not think so. Ralph and I like having our "elbow" room,,lol

One thing though,,, When we were there this morning Ralph went to his truck and pulled out my most favorite copper and glass spinner and told me to find it a home. After I picked out a spot he told me " Now this is your home baby" He is just soooo sweet. I love that man to pieces.

Ok, going to go,, all this talk of Ralph has made me miss him,,, be back later everyone!!

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

I'm good LK. The note was from Twyla. Just kind of not hanging out much here. Spending my time lately trading art cards. So much fun. Have to take advantage of the creative muse while she is here. Never know when she will leave.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

My Neener 'door prize' is hanging on our front door too, Chris. Luv it!

You're really talented making those trading cards, Neener.

Hope you're feeling better, Twyla.

Athens, PA

Twyla - feel better soon....

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Love your "Art" Nita. Every card sent here is a treasure.
Twyla, I miss you and pray you will feel better soon. Please stay in touch.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

You're the best Faye. These are what I'm trading right now. They are called Artist Trading Cards. The size of a baseball card. Any medium is allowed. I am re teaching myself how to draw again.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

Neat! Does your trading partner request a theme, or do you have free reign?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Need help on an ID for a tiny rose I found this week growing out of what appeared to be a crack in the curb at a neat little house up the street.

Here is my post in the Roses forum for the full story:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1254140/

Have you ever seen anything like this? I have fallen in love completely head over heels for this tiny rose.

Anyone? I called Froot to see if she was the one who was the graveyard rose bush robber, but she directed me to a different DG member. ;)

Thanks in advance.
A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Athens, PA

Amanda - wish I could help you on that one. It is a beauty though.... I can almost smell it. Can't wait for roses.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Quote from FruitOfTheVine :
Neat! Does your trading partner request a theme, or do you have free reign?

The cards are posted in a gallery and the folks can look and then request a trade. If you want to trade, you look at their gallery and pick something and then you send each other the requested cards. Tons of variety and different skill levels. I've been trying not to turn down any trades even if someone doesn't have something really awesome. My first couple of trade requests were denied because some "artists" think too highly of their work if you get my drift. :) I'm trying to be fair. The fun is in getting something in the mail and being able to hold a small piece of art that someone spent their precious time to do.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Love your cards Neener! Your work is awesome!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Froot - I just moved 'Immortality' into Mostly Sunny from Dappled Shade. :P

We are moving in the next couple of days and my landlord informed us last night that he is turning off our power this morning, I have been packing and running like crazy the last few days I never had someone get so mad because we wanted to move!!! It is just unbelievable!! So this may be my last post for a while.

I am working with Charter to get the cable run to my new place and will keep Linda or Fruity up to date by phone. I will also try to get online at the Laundry Mat . And am exploring other options too..

Now for the really bad news!! The address we have is still not being acknowledged by the post office. So I will be going to the E911 office next Tuesday to get that fixed. I might have to get everything sent to my daughters house and Goober will take care of what ever I get until I can go get it,,, Or I can ask Ralph if things can be sent to his Domino's Store in Alexander City. I need to remember to ask him today.

I have made a list of the Birthday girls and will still send out my cards each month.

Huggs to all And I will miss you so much...

Elfie

Thumbnail by

Hurry back Kris! Sure hope you can get the cable run to your place really soon!

I have updated the address in the exchange so any mail can go to me there for the next month or so.

Thanks Linda,, I can check in from the Laundry mat. I tried to use my internet on my phone last night.. No go signal is too weak..sigh

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Elfie, What is the story of this greenhouse image you posted?

Don't know if I will ever get caught up here after 2 weeks away. This AM I have been pulling wild onions before they go to seed. They are at the edge of the yard where the oak fell last year, but if I let them go, they will cover everything soon. Still working on getting my plants situated. Grass mostly cut now. I can only manage a couple hours before I need an extensive rest.
The other day when the wind was blowing so bad, I was at Lowe's and their planbts were whipping all about. I thought I need to come back in a day or 2 as there is sure to be a lot of plants dried out on the clearance rack. And there was

Kris is with out internet, till she can get some cable run to her new home, until then, she will try to post when she goes to the laundry mat for free wi fi!

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

I know this kind of out of the blue, but is there anyone interested in taking over ownership of the Birthday Club thread? D mail me if you might want the job.

Neener

Every one of us appreciates your beautiful handmade cards so much, Neener, and the great job you do. You better not be leaving us.

Athens, PA

Oh Neener - are you ok?

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

I'm fine everyone. Just in a mood. I've never been really good at the social aspect of all this and somedays I just don't feel like playing nice with people. :0))

Athens, PA

We all get into a mood now and then and I know there are days I dont'/can't play nice - ask my husband, I am sure he will agree.... don't be so hard on yourself. If you would like, I would be happy to give you a hand.

Why don't we each just take turns starting a new thread each month?

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Now there's a brilliant idea Fruitcake. I could go for that. Then if someone misses doing it or whatever, I can still step in. Works for me. I think I just need a break for a few months.

Athens, PA

Excellent idea, Sooze!

I agree, we can all pitch in a start a new thread each month. If someone will assign us a month, we can keep track of it easier.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

How about I take this one off Neener:

I bumped certain people who had just moved into new houses, have their hands full with sick loved ones, etc. I came up with this sort of random assignment for the upcoming year. If you don't mind being responsible to start the birthday thread in the month next to your name below, then please do.

If you don't think you can handle the responsibility please let me know by Dmail and I will rearrange this list.

Hope this helps:

Monthly Birthday Thread Assignments:

Goldhillal (Crystal) January
Rouxcrew (Joy) - February
Carolyn22 (Carolyn) March
Irisluvr0252 (Debbie) April
AmandaEsq (Amanda) May
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) June
Crit (Patti) July
taters55 (LK) August
GardenQuail (Michelle) September
rvnsbrk (Juanita) October
GAgirl1066 (Paula) November
Ridesredmule (Charlene) December

A.

This message was edited Apr 30, 2012 11:32 AM

Athens, PA

Amanda - you are such a sweetie.....

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

You're the best Amanda, but you better let me start October. Twyla has a lot of trouble getting online and doing things. I think I can handle the Fall. Thanks all. I'll still be around, but my focus is lacking right now so you are better off without me.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

Looking good!
Thanks, Manda.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Okay then - the list has been edited so the crafty girl can start the October thread.

Anyone else like to change assignments? :)

A.

Love the list!
Thanks!

Neener, don't you ever say we are better off with out you! That is so not true! Your allowed some time off, but we will come looking for you if you disappear on us!

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Yes ma'am LK. I hear ya loud and clear. :0)

:)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Holy @#$%^!

Tomorrow is May and I have to start a new thread. Waaaaah!!!! Heh.

Seemed only fair for me to put myself on the spot since I pushed that list on everybody without any warning. I'd wait until Midnight ladies, but I did that last night. Several months ago I stopped making my 7 o'clock p.m. pot of coffee because I thought it might be keeping me up too late. ha hah hah a.

Old habits die hard. Yesterday I drank my last cup of coffee around 7. It had a deleterious effect on me today.

Reminds me that I'm getting older, and YOU ARE TOO!!!

Please JOIN ME in the Birthday Club for May 2012 thread here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255455/#top

xox
A.

p.s. NEENER please mark this thread as closed. Thank you.

This message was edited Apr 30, 2012 9:52 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.