GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9
GardenQuail (Michelle) Oct. 28
Dahtzu (Faye) December 25
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Athens, PA

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I am having a wonderful time with family. My daughter and her fiancee were there and I love that I am of an age where the family is having babies again. There is something about babies and I just love toddlers -

I have not picked up my mail yet - let you all know when I do. I am so looking forward to the wonderful cards!

Carolyn

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Neener!!!!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Ok, I'm coming out of the corner for awhile.. my cards went out today lol..

thanks for the new room Neener

Carolyn, I quite agree about the babies and toddlers.. most of my grandkids are now teens! 15, 14, 14, 13, 12.. then little Miss Kailey who's 2 1/2 ^_^ of course she's going on about 25 now.. good grief.. she is so funny! While I was watching her the other weekend, she suddenly took her shirt off (at her house) and when I asked her why she did that.. she said that it was hurting her tummy! lol.. I didn't tell her mom (my DD) and a few days later, Jess was talking to me and said that Kailey was going to be a nudist cause out of the blue she doesn't like wearing clothes..says they hurt her tummy LOL..

Here's a pic of her with her Uncle Shawn, my son this past Christmas

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell
Athens, PA

Chris

she is so precious! Love the smile on her face - looks like she can be mischevious! Love it! Her Daddy looks so serious - thank you for sharing that great photo.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh my gosh, I remember when Kailey was born! Your Little Princess is growing up so fast, Chris. She's precious as are all your others Grands, two several of us have had the pleasure to meet.

Long stressful day here, but wanted you to know, Char, that your card and the extra goodie you included made me smile :) Both are beautiful and will take a pic tomorrow before the light fades. Thank you so much, My Dear!

Manda, are you ready for your big day tomorrow? I wish I could have sent a pack of Golden Oreos and a carton of ice cream to you...lol

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Talked to our Mandy last night. She is having computer problems and she asked me to tell you all how much fun she is having getting the cards in the mail. She was really having a ball considering that Court is on vacation this week and is underfoot.

I'll tell her here Happy Birthday, but I don't think she will be able to see us here.

You all have a super Easter. Another freeze warning tonight. This is getting old, but then again it is normal. Me setting all the plants out a month early was not normal. :0)

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday Amanda! Hope you get your computer running soon!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday A. Hope it is a great one!

No freeze warning here, but I have been able to restrain myself from putting anything out yet. I have to hold tight to my May 1st rule, even though April 15 is our official no more freeze date.

Happy Birthday to you, Miss Manda! I hope you had a sunny day, it was a beautiful day here and thought I'd send you some Spring blooms. "Weed" through your computer problems and get back here soon, girlie.

You know, growing up we always started planting our veggie garden on Good Friday. My Dad's hard and fast rule to do so and never remember scrambling to cover up tenders, but that was several hours South of here.
Only once have I taken houseplants out this year and had to bring them back in. Good thing since we're under a frost / freeze advisory tonight like you are, Neener.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Another card arrived today. Thank you so much, Faye :) I do hope Ray is getting better and stronger and will be back home with you soon.

Pic shows the cards from Char with a handcrafted polymer clay Blue Bird sitting on a Star, and Faye's, What struck me is you both sent cards with Butterflies!

An out of the blue surprise was getting a card from your Mom today, Neener. You little sneak.

Lots of love and hugs to all of you!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Thanks for the new thread Neener :)
Amanda, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Think of it as still being April 6... I haven't gone to bed yet, so April 7 is still tomorrow :) Hope you're computer problems get resolved soon, and hope you've had a lovely day despite the computer!
Susan, that little polymer clay blue bird sitting on the star sounds cute. Char sure does a lovely job with those :)
Crystal, that trip to Kew Gardens and other locations in England sounds lovely! Look forward to hearing more about your trip when you get back :)
It's not as cold here as it is for Neener and others, but I'm eagerly awaiting the weather getting warmer so I can put my amaryllises outside to get more sun. Also, for my last birthday, Char gave me a Peacock Orchid which is currently resting in the garage. Need to wait for it to be a bit warmer before I can move it outdoors to start growing. Looking forward to enjoying its flowers!
Oh, and a little bit of nature to share with you all: Thursday afternoon I was out on my deck looking at all my flowers. My husband came out to see something I wanted to show him. At one point, he said, "Oh, there's a little bee." So I asked, "Where?" He then told me that it was visiting one of the flowers on my Cerinthe. (If you haven't seen cerinthe, the flowers are small, purple, bell-shaped flowers.) That was fun to know. I couldn't hear the bee buzzing, so if he hadn't told me about it being there, I wouldn't have gotten to enjoy that special moment :)
Michelle

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Happy Easter to all you great people.
Mandy, sorry this Birthday Wish is late, but do hope it was a good day for you.
And Susan, just in case I'm still living at the Hospital on the 9th, Happy Birthday to you. Hope your day will somehow be as special as you are. Thank you for the card, so thoughtful and sooooooo pretty. We loved it, and Happy Easter to you.
Nita, thank you again for another card, wish you could have seen Ray's smile.
Ray is better but Dr. said this morning that he still wasn't well enough to go home. Somehow they seem to think we wanted him home just because it is Easter. This morning I finally made it clear that I don't care what day is on the calendar, do not send Ray home until this thing is as well as you can get it.
I'm sorry I haven't been here for days, I have only stayed at home 1 night and that night I never turned the puter on. Just so tired and brain dead that I did the necessities and went to bed.
Love you all. Going back to Hospital now.
Faye

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Keep hanging in there Faye.. Glad that Ray got a laugh from the card. Was hoping he would.

(((Faye))) You're so welcome to the card. Thought it would be a little lift and am so glad Ray is a bit better. I can't imagine how exhausted you are, both of your actually.

Guess what? I had cake and ice cream for breakfast, courtesy of B-day cards from you LK and Chris! Chris, yours scared the willies out of me when it started to sing...lol

Forgot to add the pic.

Thank you, Ladies!

Athens, PA

We returned late yesterday and our mail was delivered today. Thank you everyone for the wonderful cards. I really enjoyed going through them all.

Char - I love the amaryllis seeds and cannot wait to start planting them and I love the cardinal - did you make him?

Linda - you put a check into your card? Why? Not necessary. I will dedicate the money to trades!

Faye -I do so hope Ray is feeling better.

So many cards from all of you - I have thoroughly enjoyed the cards - thank you, all of you.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I mailed a whole handful of cards last week. I would of thought they should of been arriving by now!

Hi, all.
Faye, we certainly understand if you can't make it by... Good to hear from you whenever you can stop by :) Give Ray our best!
Carolyn, welcome back!
Sounds like some neat cards have been arriving! Sadly, mine haven't made it to the post office (sigh). Hoping for Monday!
Happy Easter to all!
Michelle

Happy Easter everyone!

Hi, all.
Well, the last flower on my Jewel amaryllis opened today... just in time for Easter! :) Was wondering if I'd have any blooming today...
Susan, since I won't get a chance to post until late in the day tomorrow (Monday), I'm posting this a little early: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a wonderful, special day :)
Michelle

Athens, PA

Fruity

Happy Birthday - hope you have a grand day.

Michelle - I came home to two of my amaryllis budding. I was so surprised and thrilled.

Happy Birthday Fruity! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Thumbnail by taters55
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Sooz!!! Have a fun day and eat a big piece of cake for me!

Thanks for the B-day wishes and the Cake! It puts my little strawberry shortcake to shame.

Your card came today, Neener. LOL!

Got a text from Faye that Ray is going home today.
Makes my day even better hearing the good news, Faye.

Love you all :)

Good news about Ray!

Athens, PA

Great news about Ray!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

helooooo dear friends!

i am using the on-screen keyboard so this is brief:

I haven't had such a nice birthday in years and felt so special with every card delivered. Thank you so much for all your kindnesses. I will post more again soon, I hope!

Froot and Carolyn - I hope you each enjoyed your special day.

xox
A.

Athens, PA

Amanda

I hope you enjoyed your day as well. I was thinking about you!

Yeah, Manda, you're back! Been missing you, girl.

Well, with everything that has gone on here,, I managed to loose you all.

Very bad Elf.....

Happy Birthday to everyone for this month and cards will be mailed tomorrow,,,sigh....

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Thought you might get a kick out of that card Sooz. I bought that image with you in mind. :0)

Priceless.

For you wine lovers, the inside of the card says 'You're aging like fine wine. Becoming complex and a little Fruity' LOL!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I lost you guys! I must get cards out! Hope all the April birthday girls had a great birthday! Your cards will be late! And I still owe Crystal a card! I am going to have to buy more cards 'cause I can't find the storage tub they were packed in for the room repair!

I promise to do better real soon!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I was hanging out with Elfie! LOL! we both lost you all!

Mine all got mailed today,, now I am a not so bad elf!!!!

Hi, all.
Carolyn, how exciting to find those amaryllis buds waiting to greet you! Do you know which kinds they are?
I have five more sending up scapes! Expect more to follow, but I suspect that with the temps being a bit cooler than normal, they'll wait a bit longer. Perhaps it's best though. When I discovered the buds coming up on the ones that I had outdoors, I brought them inside because it had cooled off so much. Didn't want them to decide not to grow after all. So, now I'm running out of space. When I found the last one sending up a bud, I had to move one that had recently come out of dormancy back outside to make room. Hopefully it won't mind. Anyway, those that are sending up scapes are Blossom Peacock (buds are now starting to peak out of the bud covering), Showcase, Picotee, a red one (don't know the variety), and one that was mis-labeled as Royal Velvet when I purchased it but is clearly not Royal Velvet (we're wondering if it might also be Jewel but are waiting for it to bloom to compare).
Glad I got outside to enjoy my flowers on my deck yesterday... rainy today.
Susan, my dianthus that I got last year with the gift certificate from you is sending up a bunch of new buds now. It never did stop blooming completely :) Had at least a few flowers on it all winter!
And my tuberoses started sending up new shoots this week... What a surprise! Their container is along a wall in one of the warmer spots on the deck, so I'm sure that helps :) And they never did go completely dormant... Still have a couple of green leaves from last year!
Fay, let Ray know we all say "Welcome back home!"
Well, take care everyone, and have a great week!
Michelle

Athens, PA

Michelle

The one amaryllis is Aphrodite and the other I am not sure. What surprised me about the other, is that it was a Christmas gift about 6-8 years ago and never flowered. I also did not do with them what I was supposed to do last summer as we spent so much time on the road between here and upstate NY.

I wanted to get outside yesterday, but by the time I got home from work, I didn't want to do anything. I hate it when that happens!

Looking forward to the weekend - it is supposed to be nice and I want to get the rest of my mulch down....

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

hey, how hard is it to grow Hibiscus from seed? I have about 50 red and the same for white flowers (noid of course lol) and would love to get some outside at the new place. Do the seeds need any prep work done to them? Do they grow from the seeds or are they sterile?

Can't wait to FINALLY plant my coneflower seeds.. only have about 25 varieties to grow LOL

10 days and I'll be moving in.. woohoo!!!

OH.. and I got a promotion at work..now a team lead for TWO teams.

Can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings LOL

Chris, that is great news! Congrats on the raise!

I have never grown them from seeds, so can't help you with the hibiscus seeds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.