♪♫ Mémory ( 2011 ) ♪♫

szarvas, Hungary

Jackie you are already in the starting blogs for 2012 and I'm starting a "memory topic"
Here a hybrid of Black King:

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Another cross of Black King X Mauve Splash :

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

One that is so cool !!

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Incredible blooms Dany. Looking forward to all your new blooms for 2012. The blue on white was one of my favorites of your blooms last yr.

Blue Marble not from Helena was my favorite bloom. Did not make a single seed. I have 2 sds left to try again.

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Beautiful! I look forward to seeing more beauties this year from you all.
in the basement...
sunspots,Wild from Florida,I purps, messina creeper,, a pretty pale pink, and the multi blue from last year oh, and the christmas cactus are still blooming too.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Very pretty Debra. I just tried to send 5 pics and it just took me back to the forums page.
I don't know what I did wrong.

szarvas, Hungary

Some Youjiro ...... 50% sterile ..... no stamens ..... ideal for cross breeding !

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

An other Youjiro bleu ..... same characteristics !

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12

Pretty blues Dany.

szarvas, Hungary

Purpurea ... the New forms !

szarvas, Hungary

Other !

Dany, those are nothing less than way cool, far out, etc lol

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Awesome! Especially "Youjiro Bleu"... perhaps should be "Youjiro Kék"? ;-)

an awsome display, Dany..

szarvas, Hungary

Thanks !
Nifty ...kék .... igen ! ??
Turquoise is THE color !

(Zone 7a)

Dany - talk about "falling into a sky" - your blues are so lovely

szarvas, Hungary

I hope someday understand how it works the purpurea with variegated foliage!

Dany beautiful. Is the variegation coming true from seed or are you propagating sp? it by cuttings?

szarvas, Hungary

By cuttings!! a good idea for this season!
In fact I have two types of seeds - that of a branch of the plant where all the leaves were variegated (including dowels!) And other seed from the 'normal' part of the plant. So this year I will know if the ' variegated effect ' is transmitted by seed!

Fuji no Monet .... a 'Philosophy' .... or a style because it can be of different color.

Dany, Gorgeous no Monets
The blue no Monet is beautiful.

Will be exciting to hear the results of your sd grow out from the variegated purpurea.

I love the varigated leaves.. I hope you do well with them.. and I love yur no monets, I hope I saved seeds from mine, have no clue where they are tho..

szarvas, Hungary

I have Fuji no Monet in bleu .... but with small flowers ! sniff....sniff !!

Dany, Packs a lovely punch even if it is on the small side. Count Drac is the same, a 2 inch bloom

Thumbnail by patootie
szarvas, Hungary

Beautiful flower! But his name has a bad reputation!
If we had given the name of Count Dracula to the cultivar Ten Ten, I would have understood!

Sazanami may present several types!

szarvas, Hungary

Purpurea .... three colors in a flower ( or 4 ).... we're working on!

Beautiful Dany. The Sazanami's are just amazing, lovely purpureas too.

One of my Sazanami's from 2010.

Thumbnail by patootie
szarvas, Hungary

Brown marble :

szarvas, Hungary

Blue marble :

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Greetings from Cocoa Beach, now that we are getting ready to leave, the MG's are putting on a pretty show. They self seeded from last season so I have no idea what they are. I did have a grow out of the Cameo with the variegated leaves but see no sign of variegation in anything now growing. What is number 5? Must be a bird drop.

I so enjoy all the lovely photos posted. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope to start fresh with my mailbox (in NY) as I removed all seeds and vines last year so I could try some new varieties. Needless to say I have a lot of seed available to anyone that needs some.
Mittsy

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Really nice blooms Dany and Mittsy. Like your Datura Mittsy

szarvas, Hungary

Datura .... yes but with variegated foliage !

And Brown Sugar .

Beautiful colors on the Brown Sugar blooms Dany.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I do love the variegated foliage on your Datura, do you know the name of that one?

szarvas, Hungary

I guess it's Inoxia Datura - Missouri Marble.

szarvas, Hungary

Here is Q 269 from Kyushu collection .... but never with retro-tube !
http://mg.biology.kyushu-u.ac.jp/mg-files/strainlist-brandnew/06catalog/index_3.html

(Zone 7a)

Dany - those "marble" MGs are so lovely - it's easy to imagine the blizzard streak pattern of Q269 as filaments from a nebula that NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day sometimes posts.

I don't have an example, just a link to the website - here's an aurora at Arctic Henge in Iceland - http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120430.html

Clatskanie, OR(Zone 8a)

Dany, I just want you to know that even if I don't post much, I treasure all the pictures that you are so good at posting. I am somewhat working on the variegated I.purpureas too. In theory right now, but I suspect that the variegation is mostly due to the presence of a harlmess virus.

Beautiful blooms Dany.

szarvas, Hungary

On Purpurea in any case it is not transmitted by seeds. Here there are thousands of vonlonteers of purpurea and every year there is at least ONE plant that has variegated leaves .... if it was a virus there more plants under attack!
On a branch all the leaves are variegated and the other branches are normal with the same exposure to light!
The white portion of the leaf is a little bit photosensitive .... but I think it's normal ... it's like on Musa Aeae or Canna Stuttgart .

With Inoxia Datura - Missouri Marble , I think there 2 différent types one with really variegated leaves and an other with varied foliage ... yes ... but with the intervention of a harmless virus : Datura inoxia maculata this one is transmitted by seeds,.

wow.. I missed all the beautys!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.