What are you doing for Earth Hour?

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I just realized it's tonight at 8:30-9:30. Maybe I should try and rake up all the brown cedar debris in the garden. I guess I should also switch off the 'puter.

Thumbnail by growin
Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Unfortunately for me, I am really sick with fever and migraine, so yesterday had the lights off all day and slept. I hope that counts.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I'd say it counts and so sorry you're really under the weather. Yikes - I hope you're "feeding a fever" and keeping warm. Keep checking in here.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I am doing a little better, fever's down some, and I'm beginning to be able to eat and drink. I have survived on "recharge" drink for the past 2 days, taken in teaspoon sized sips. I called for a substitute at work, which is rare for me. I've had up to 5 kids absent at a time last week, with Pertussis and flu, so I am hopeful I just have the flu as no extreme coughing has set in.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Whoa. Doesn't sound good. I used to get migraines but thankfully outgrew them around age 28. Though I certainly remember each of them with great clarity.

Steeling yourself to regular sickness must be one of the toughest parts of working with those germ factories called children.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Sorry you're not feeling well. Doesn't help the work load. MY DH gets sick with her students quite regularly. She always loses her voice. When I lived in Union the whole area did a clean-up for Earth Day. I'm working on my own little mess.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I used to get sick quite a lot with all the things the kids passed around, but for the last 10 years I've rarely been sick, having developed a pretty strong immune system by now. This one got me though. I went to the doctor after toughing it out for 3 days and I have a confirmed case of influenza. The doctor said if I had come in earlier it would have been worth taking Tamiflu, but after 72 hours it doesn't make a lot of difference unless you are elderly, a heavy smoker, are prone to pneumonia, or have a weakened immune system for some reason. I have a great substitute, and there is the added bonus she is a trained EMT since I have a child with a severe peanut allergy, and she was not at all freaked out by the protocols we have in place for a potential emergency.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Peace of mind always helps.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.