Morning Glories Spring 2012 # 01

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Blue Blizzard from last Fall

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

I missed the first bloom of this seedling that reseeded in same pot from last year. The others are still blooming from last fall. So far I found 2 other seedlings that reseeded one in the ground which I repotted it and another healthy looking seedling with in another pot.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are nice Helena. I have some up by the fence but they're purpureas. I don't want Milky Way coming up
taking over my pandy area, so I've been out there pulling up those seedlings. They are tiny so they come right up.
My beautiful higes are back up from fallen sds too. Can't wait for those to bloom but it's going to be a while.
I;m going to plant those big tubs I had going last season too.
Turbinata last summer

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. That's a pretty bloom and picture from yours last year.

I'm surprised by my pandy which is taking off big time. I know the blooms are going to be nice this year.

Helena, I knew you would love the pandy, nothing else quite like it.
The larger it gets the longer it blooms. Mine bloomed 3 months last yr I have 15 pandy stems up and growing
and buds forming as it makes its way along.the fence :-)

Gautier, MS

I was winding the pandy this morning on an old trellis that I want it to bloom this year. We had rain last night that was good for all the plants. These bloomed this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

The Mauve Splash is a beauty Helena.
I waited too long to wind my strongest pandy stem so will just let it
meander where it wants to.

Count Drac last summer

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty Count Drac Jackie.

This mornings blooms, I have more blooms from other plants than I do mgs but see buds on mgs already too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Wonderful blooms Helena. Beautiful Rose and Salvia blooms as well as the MG.
I have an Amaryllis blooming, it might be Aphrodite. Been so long I can't remember the name for sure.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie, I think I have the red one somewhere in the garden.

Thanks Helena. I tried to grow the one they call the garden Amaryllis, a red, but it just froze so next time I'll keep it in a pot.

Gautier, MS

A couple of nice blooms and salvias too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty blooms Helena. Nice to see a Purple Fuji. Is your white bloom Full Moon, looks like some yellow in the bloom, really nice.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Look at all the beauty (and the flowers are nice, too)!

I thought I'd move some of the MG seedlings away from the keyboard so I could type in a "hello". ;-)

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Nick. Looking forward to your blooms too Nick.

I don't have a label on that bloom Jackie but it looks like it's Full Moon. That vine is still from fall-winter and 2 from today too and buds on new seedling. (edit 4 sp)
T

This message was edited Apr 10, 2012 8:04 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, very pretty blooms. It will be June before I get any blooms on my vines in pots. I think my Pandy
will bloom long before that.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Beauties, Helena!

I don't have an Ipomoea to show yet, but the Convolvulus mauritanicus "wildflower patch" is blooming more than ever.

Thumbnail by nifty413
(Zone 7a)

Adding my hellos & thankyous to everyone and their flowers, too. Nick, no tidy garden could match the beauty of your wild patch of C. mauritanicus - could you put that one in PlantFiles? It's beautiful.

Nick, very inpressive wild stand of C. mauritanicus.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, you two...

Karen, I was thinking about adding this photo to the PlantFiles – I think it better illustrates the real estate being encompassed (although I'd have to get up on a ladder to photograph its entirety). What do you think?

edited to add: I know I should be outside right now pulling the grassy weeds out of that patch, but I fear if I plop down on the ground I might not want/be able to get back up (not really... my body isn't that sore today... so far).

This message was edited Apr 14, 2012 3:33 PM

Thumbnail by nifty413
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Nick.

My first official mg bloom on this cool morning after all the rain. I'll have to watch more carefully as I wasn't expecting any to open yet.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty color Helena, Xiongs??

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, no name for that one. Might be getting a few of those with no ID.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

I'm using my other camera and the pictures are large, have to figure out how to make them smaller so I can post all at one time. From today no ID for this mg and salvia tubiflora.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. I love the Purple Speckled MG.
and the Strawberry Sage, a common name around here.
Thanks for letting me know its true name. :-)

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. The speckled is Fujishibori that I had cleaned the seed with alcohol and wanted to see if it would germinate. Glad it turned to be a dark one. The salvia is from Mexico, got it through mail order. Hope you can take a picture of the salvia you see blooming there. I also have red salvias coccinea, salvia regla and roemeriana. Robin M. has a wonderful salvia site that you can check out at www.robinssalvias.com I love salvias and grew them long before I got hooked on mgs.

From todays blooms

Helena, thanks for that link. I love Salvias too. I think I still have my Strawberry Sage will look for it soon.
Love your new blooms this morning, both very pretty,
I planted a transvaal, Its sprouted and I'm excited to
grow this one again. I like its pretty shaped leaves as well as the blooms.
A pic of transvaal's cotyledons. I'll send a pic of its true leaves when they develop

Thumbnail by patootie

I barely have any mgs germinated. I think its the overly dry seed starter, cant keep it moist

Thumbnail by patootie

In the above pic, the 1st 2 vines bottom left are both Blue Tie Dye. One has varieg cotyledons and the other one has plain green ones. Should be interesting to see how these 2 turn out..

Gautier, MS

They look good Jackie. I'll be looking forward to your blooms too. Wow, it got windy and very cool here and they say it'll get to the 40's next week but for here I bet around the 50's probably.

From Azuremore a very dark bloom and the redish stripes. I'll have to wait for warmer weather for better blooms.

Thanks Helena. I'm so glad you're already getting blooms. Beautiful colors on your mg's this morning.
We have the cool temps too and have had for several days now. Cool 45 nightime temps and 65-75 during the day.
The 80's will be back next week some time and I'll be planting outside mg sds I hope

Hope my Prettiest Saz sd is sprouted, :-) This one from 2010

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Nice bloom Jackie. Thanks too. I hope I get some nice Saz blooms too. I didn't get any blooms yesterday and today a very chilly morning they didn't want to open till it warmed up a bit. I hope I'll have nicer bigger blooms when it warms up, now they are rather snall.

I liked the color of the first one, a velvety look (better looking than in the picture) and next a pink blizzard.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love your blooms Helena. The 1st blooms velvety look is caused by the over saturation of color, very
pretty.

This message was edited Apr 24, 2012 11:30 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, the blooms opened up a little more later and still open now. Late afternoon I get to see if any buds are going to open for tomorrow.

Gautier, MS

A much better bloom today from Karen2005 Pink rayed blizzard related to Hanahubuki. More surprise crosses from what the labels say.

Love your Pink Rayed Blizz Helena. Nice pink bloom on that 2nd pic. Do you have a name on that one?
Pretty delicate pink color on the last one, Pink Porcelain??

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Lots of beauties, Helena!

I particularly like that middle flower in your last post... split-corolla and nicely edged — subtle yet elegant!

Gautier, MS

Thank you Nick and Jackie. I am being surprised by these blooms too. Jackie, yes that is Pink Porcelain and the other one is from Azuremore with no ID just description of blue with pink center which turned to be a cross with stripes.

I had to grow Blushing Bride again this year. Karens2005 Extra Mix Speckled blooms, vine #1 & #2.

Oh my gosh, your Blushing Bride is drop dead gorgeous. I've got to dig out my sds, one can always hope that they get such a bloom. :-) The speckled mix isn't bad either.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, yeah I like BB a lot too, well worth growing.

A few more blooms today. Number 4 picture is actually a deep purple, not blue.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.