Has anyone added a louvre vent to your greenhouse?

Dix, IL(Zone 6a)

This early heat wave has really drilled home the solar oven effect of owning my first greenhouse. I have a roof vent but was thinking about an additional louvre vent down low. I have a small 6x6 hobby, but I'm already getting a few mushrooms growing in my beds inside the greenhouse so I am thinking about added ventilation. I don't have power, but I was thinking about adding something like this, its for an Easystart, and was wondering if it might work in my Palram, but wasn't sure how universal it was. My polycarb panels are slid into place so they don't come off very easily without taking the whole roof off. I thought maybe I could put it in the bottom panel of my door, that I could remove easier but I'm not sure how you add these to an existing greenhouse. Anyone have something like this or similar? Thanks.

This message was edited Mar 21, 2012 8:19 PM

Thumbnail by LostFrog
Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

I have one, but it came predesigned (if that's a word) into the greenhouse. Though since the greenhouse has been there it has shifted a little and some of the polycarbonate panels popped out. So I know what you mean about them being difficult to handle. Sorry I could provided you with a more definite answer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.