Hellebore Happy

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I have been adding Hellebores to my garden over the last few years they are a real favorite of mine I have quite a few of them now. There are four of these white/light green ones. They all are a bit different some are really white while some are more green some of the blooms are whiter outside and greener inside.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The mauve colored ones come in dark mauve, medium mauve, light mauve and pinkish mauve.
One of the darkest mauve ones has much smaller rounder blooms and like the lighter colors the inside of the blooms can be much lighter than the outside but not always. I have 3 of the dark mauve plants.
I will be taking more pictures tomorrow and will post more of my Helles.
You are very welcome to post pictures of yours here as well.
These are the Dark Mauve.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here are a few of the speckled ones. They all have speckles on the inside of the petals while the out side of the petals are white, pink or a creamy yellow.
First the white one, next the light pink one you can see the cream color inside and in the background the pink of the outside petals.
In this last shot you can see the creamy yellow with pink

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

They are so beautiful!!! I have been talking about getting them for years, but still haven't got any. I I always missed the season when they bloomed and later couldn't really tell what the flowers would be like by looking at their variety names.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Awesome display Holly!
If I ask for babies at swap, where should I plant them?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

They like shade and partial shade. Most of the babies will be too small to plant out in the flower beds right away. I would keep them in the containers for most of the summer where they will be shaded and close enough not to miss watering them. Then at the end of the summer I would move them to a shady flower bed. Where they won't get disturbed until next spring. They do take a couple of years growing till they bloom. These won't be instant gratification plants.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is just a couple more, the first picture is Peppermint Ice, not sure about the second one.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Holly---

Where on Earth did you get all those Helebores from?????? Do you buy them from catalogs?
They all are gorgeous!!!!!

I have5 Helebores. One is the whitish one. One is more pinkish, and two are the dark purple/mauve ones.
It is hard to photograph these--as the blooms always point down.
I cannot kneel! I cannot squat! And--if I ever laid down on my back to photograph the blooms from below---
it would take me 10 minutes to get back up. NOT funny!!! it is my reality.....

I do have one that I got in a Swap from someone in another State. I do not have a record of it.....
I may be able to find it on my D-mails--WAYYYY back.....

Anyway--this is it. Kind of a triple layered bloom in pale lavender....I like it! It is also a good grower...
Have no idea if its name......Not the greatest pictures.....

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

They all came from DG Co-ops several years ago.
That sure is a pretty one Gita.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.