Spring Plant Swap, Ric & Holly's

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

A planter making gathering will be fun!!! I came across this link a while back but have never tried it http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/472203/. The papercrete pots in the pictures look natural and they are supopsed to be light.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I can see already this is going to be a workshop series... beginner hypertufa (toad houses & small planters)... introduction to papercrete... stepping stones... quickwall art... concrete leaves (we'd have to do small ones for the workshop, I think, because transporting bigger ones that haven't set could be a problem... ?)

I'll start a thread for all this as soon as I can firm up a date on my end for the first one. Stay tuned! (I'll post a link here, of course.)

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Sounds like fun to me. I haven't done any crafts in years, so I'll need lots of supervision.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Not to worry, Joyanna will be happy to help.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ohhhh Jill....this sounds fantabulous!! Since they cut my 2nd job back so much...I actually have free time AND much less money. So fun cheap stuff....well that's right up my alley!! Should little Miss Joyanna want company...I could certainly round up 1 or 2 'little' people....LOL

Thumbnail by Chantell
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Are those flowers ever cute, Chantell!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Any they're hardy in our zone and nice fragrance most of the time...

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Chantell they are just adorable.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Chantell, they are still as cute as ever. Beautiful girls.

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Love the flowers, Chantell.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous little, fragrant flowers!!!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Y'all are sweet....thank you! I kinda like them myself!!!

Crozet, VA

They really are some beauties who will no doubt break some hearts on down the road. If they take after Grandma and are sweet as can be, they will do okay and even the broken hearted boys will still like them. Thanks for sharing their picture Chantelll.....really sweet photo.

Ruby

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

OOhhhh what precious little girls. We have 8 grandsons and only the 5 year old is interested in gardening so far. Of course they all hate shopping and primping, so I'm on my own with this.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I need to double check family plans... but Saturday, June 23 is looking good... will try to post a thread tomorrow!

Chantell, the girls are lovelier than ever, and of course they'd be very welcome!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Have fun!!! Our granddaughter from Oregon will be here and we will be shark tooth hunting that day on the stream banks of the farm where I lived as a girl. Then in July we will be driving her home. I am beyond excited. She arrives Tuesday.

Crozet, VA

Seems that a lot of us have some special female blessings in our lives. Jan, the visit and excursions with your grand daughter sound like a lot of fun will be had. Enjoy everyone!!!

Ruby

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thank you, dearie! She is a fun kid.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Oh Chantell- they are so sweet- and they have that Chantell smile
; ^) !!!!!

Warrenton, VA

Chantell, just came across your post about the ferry...

"So Ferry, Cross the Mersey..." remember that song? Sorry, listening to MY MUSIC (Classic rock) on a movie right now...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.