Spring Plant Swap, Ric & Holly's

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Welcome all DG friends, Ric and I are hosting a Spring Plant Swap

WHEN:
Saturday May 19th, starting around 11:00 till……
Lunch will be around 1:00. It will be a covered dish.
We set the 11:00 start time to try and give people time to get here but earlier arrivals are welcome and so are late comers.

WHERE:
Ric and Holly’s house in Dover, Pa.
We live in south central Pa. close to Interstate 83 half way between York and Harrisburg. If you do a Map Quest from your location to Dover, Pa. that will give you an idea of driving times. I am in the DG Address Exchange but will also be D-Mailing my address / directions to everyone planning to attend closer to the swap.
So please check the next post to be sure your name is on the list. So that I send you my address.

WHO:
All DG & Cubits Subscribers their families and friends are invited.
Children of all ages included.

WHAT TO BRING:
Folding table or blanket and chairs to set up your swap area. We have a few extras but if you have room please bring your own.

Something for the covered dish lunch.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1254325/

Have / Want Lists
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1246746/

Swap thread for chatting and organizing your swaps and trades.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1246743/

You: Most important thing to bring is yourself. For those of you that have never been to a Swap you should know that you don’t have to bring plants to the swap to attend, you don’t even have to bring plants to take some home. If you don’t have much in the way of plants or seeds to swap that doesn't matter. There are plenty of plants to go around Gardeners just love to share their Gardens. This is a great way for new gardeners to start off. These events are as much about just getting together as they are about trading plants.

This thread is for general info, organization, who is planning to attend, and for answering any questions that might arise. Pretty much anything that is NOT food or plant related. Please keep food and plant trades chat on those threads. I’m going to save a few spots at the top of this thread for my info, you are welcome to chat after that.

Please check the top posts of this thread for updates, more information, and links to additional threads. Holly

This message was edited Apr 25, 2012 7:56 AM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Jan23
FlowAjen
ssgardener
donnerville
Catbird423
Roses_R_Red
Gita
ecnalg
greenthumb99
Sallyg
Kubileya
critterologist
Ruby & John
Aspenhill & Cheryl
Coleup & Wayne
Chantell
Bec_No_Va
Onewish1 & Michele
Gardadore
happy_macomb
Buttoneer
Wind & Harry
Pippi & Lloyd

This message was edited May 15, 2012 3:14 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Save the space

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thank you, dear. I am planning on coming with a friend.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Woo hoo!!! Should be coming...hubby may actually drop me off with the trailer(so I can load that with rocks ☺) and he'll take the kids and go to Gettysburg or something

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

It will be so nice to see you both.
Jan, friends are very welcome.
Jen, there are a lot of things to do in our area and I can post some ideas later. The state park is close by, too.

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Please count me in. Thanks!

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I will be there too.

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

We'll definitely be there!!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

So will I! Please add me to the list....Wouldn't miss it for anything....+

Gita

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Pat (ecnalg) and I are looking forward!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks Holly and Ric for hosting!!!
I'll be there. Wouldn't miss it for anything!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I've been gone from the forums for a good long while, but my family and I would love to come!

Yay Kubileya! We met at another swap, maybe even the previous one at H and Rs.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Kubileya, It will be great to see you again. So glad you will be able to come.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hi, Sally! Yes, we met at Holly & Ricks and maybe one of the seed swaps once upon a time. :)

It will be good to see everyone again.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hooray!!

You know it's been on my calendar. :-) I'm really looking forward to seeing everybody, also can't wait to see the results of everything Holly & Ric have been working on at their place!

Going to check out the plant chat thread now...

Yay Jill!

By the way, Gita and Catbird know they are welcome to ride share with me. Although at the rate of Gitas' promised plants,. we may need to caravan it!

Mark hubby will come, unless my oldest DS has need for help. He is having jaw surgery on the 17th.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally--

Thanks! I know I would be welcome---BUT.....

I will be glad to caravan with you and hold up the rear--just like last time.

You are right. I will have quite a few plants--besides--I will be bringing back some rocks and bamboo stakes.
Your car, definitely, will not hold all this....

We can meet at the same restaurant off of Padonia rd.

Lets keep in touch. Gita

edited to say--
Here are some pictures from Holly's Swap in 2009.
Sally--see how full my car was?????

This message was edited Mar 21, 2012 10:48 AM

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal

And see how much fun we were having ?!?!

Sterling, VA

Aw, man. This sounds like fun, but it's quite a drive from VA. Wish I was closer!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

rumibanjan, I did a mapquest from Sterling, Va to Dover, Pa and it comes up a little over 2 hours. We would love to have you and you are welcome to bring family or friends.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Rumi, put it on your calendar! If there isn't anybody going from Sterling, you can likely drive just part of the way and then hook up with somebody. Leesburg, Brunswick, Frederick are all along your route, I think... once we know who all is going from around here, we'll figure out how many cars we're taking. Riding together is more fun, anyway!

Gita, any chance your daughter could join us again? She'd give you company on the drive, too.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Gita, I would love to meet her.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Well...Gee....

I asked her after the seed swap--and she was not all that sure about going.
She needs her weekends off to--to tend to her budding garden and to Mark.
She works at a hard job at IKEA. She is on the design team--The design and
then put together all the rooms that are on display--physically! That can be exhausting!

I will ask her again. I know she would love it.....Gita

Here is a picture of her from Jill's Seed Swap.

Thumbnail by Gitagal

RUmi I have not yet driven 2 hours for a swap, but if I had to at this point I would. So much fun.

I hope Aina decides to come. She won't have to work hard!

Sterling, VA

Thanks for the encouragement. :) I really would love to come, but gaah, a 4-hour round trip. I have family in Delaware so I thought maybe I could make it part of a trip to visit them, but it's almost as far from there. Don't think I'll make it. Have fun!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I drove all the way to NH for one so 2 hours is nothing to me ☺

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Not everyone is as "spunky" as you are Jen. I think you run on jet fuel!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

hee hee

Crozet, VA

Not exactly sure how many hours we will be on the road in order to make it to this swap.....but we too are planning to come Holly, if you will add our names to your list.

I love these swaps and will say it again.....it is truly something that we both look forward to each year. A true highlight for us.

Looking forward to seeing everyone then and also chatting with everyone between now and then.

Ruby

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Ruby, as always, you're welcome to break up your trip and stay over with us Friday and/or Saturday night! One of these times I'm going to talk you into it. It would be fun to have a little extra time to visit with you & John. :-)

Crozet, VA

Jill, you are so sweet to offer. As I said, we won't make a decision on whether to stay over or head back home probably until the week of the swap. I will let you know. l am already aware of your great hosting skills and loved your home and yardens, so I would feel good about staying over if it can be worked out. If you offer someone else the same between now and then and they are able to give a definite answer, please let them have first dibs. Thank you so much for offering and I will give some serious thought to it. Love you lady.

Ruby

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Well, if I was going to be in the area, I would have joined in the fun.
The house in MD has SOLD and I'm "retiring" and heading south on 22 April.
Now my sights are set full time on learning how to garden in FL.

It was great meeting so many at the Seed swap. Hopefully my seeds will do well in FL.

May you all continue to have very Green Thumbs !!!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Anybody who needs a "halfway" point to stop over is welcome to stay with us... we've got an "official" guest room but also have a sleep sofa downstairs and just got a queen size inflatable mattress for the admittedly untidy (hahahaha putting it mildly) plant/craft/misc. room upstairs. By the swap, that room "should" be under control. Oh, and there are a couple other twin size mattresses the nieces/nephews use in the book room / play room upstairs. Joyanna can share her room, too. So theoretically, I think we could sleep 10 people here without putting anybody quite on the floor. :-)

My back yard neighbor (the one with the pretty gardens, not the one who hates anything except grass LOL) may come with me... she's been dividing her plants, too, and her daughter just moved into a new place with almost nothing growing yet. You'd all love Lupe', she's an incredible sweetheart, so I hope she'll be able to come!

When we get closer to the swap date, I figure we'll see how many people are coming from the Frederick area (or points south like Brunswick & Luckett), and we'll meet up and share rides if people want.

Hey Qwilter- got one word for ya. SAND. Yur new soil will be all SAND and need lots of organics all the time. OR thats what my sister is experiencing. But ts so much fun to dig in! And, your growng dates may change becasue winter is so short and summer so hot. But I bet you'll have fun. And check back often!

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Not sure which is more of a challenge - sand or clay!!!! But the sand is so much easier to dig in.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

It sure is Quilter, I can't get over how much easier it is to garden at my FIL's house in Fl. LOL

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Yay, get together at Holly and Ric's! Count me in. My neighbor friend Cheryl will be back from FL by then, so maybe I can convince her to come too. She had a great time meeting everyone at the swap last year. We'll figure out the caravan from Lucketts thru Frederick at some point.... Can't wait to see everyone.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Hope to finally see everyone and not just send my plant ambassadors! This may be the year. judy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.