Md. Home & Garden Show, Md. Orchid Society, Baltimore Bonsa,

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow, talk about a day full or sunshine both inside and out if you were at the Timonium Fairgrounds. "Books in Bloom" was this year's spring theme as landscape artist brought to life a variety of books. "Through the Looking Glass", "Harry Potter", and "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil" to name a few. Can you guess this title? Ric

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012 12:50 PM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This show had some of the most appropriately used and best looking plant material I have ever seen used at a show (Philly included). 16 book titles we represented and some of the creative ideas were just too cute. "Charley and the Chocolate Factory" used large lollipops for plant id's. Hogwarts had many twisted species. "Pondless" water features prevailed as the ones used in "As you Like It", and "The last Child in the Woods". Ric

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012 12:51 PM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hardscape was not as prevalent as at some other shows this season, it was more integrated with the landscape design rather than some plants added to the stonework as with "Jimmy Buffett, a Pirate Looks at Fifty".
There were ponds as well, as seen in the "Lorax". Ric

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012 12:51 PM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The Maryland Orchid Society Show was just breathtaking, even if it's only been 4 days since seeing "Aloha Hawaii". Vendors were varied and most prices I checked seemed very reasonable. I think the European Style Gardens must have brought this stone table from Stonehenge. Ric

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012 12:52 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The craft show was nice too, there were probably 110 vendors there, some new ideas and more time tested favorites.
Tickets were $10 adult with a $2 coupon from their web site, parking was free, and concessions (with ample seating) were available.
A few more orchids to grow. Ric

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012 12:52 PM

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh my gosh, Holly - now I have to add that to my 2013 calendar too. ;-) The publicity in the media just didn't tempt me like your photos have. Thanks so much for sharing.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Wow, I am proud of my Maryland show which I did not get to...

Yup, The Hobbit!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yup! Ric

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012 12:53 PM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Great theme, and thank you for sharing all those many pictures, Holly!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Guess I forgot I was on DG and didn't sign my Posting! :-} LOL Ric

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012 12:54 PM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL! Thanks, RIC, for all the pictures. It really looked like a nice show. My calendar has been marked. ;-)

thanks RIC

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Just uploaded my 81 photos from the Home and garden show.
had to delete a bunch that were out-of-focus. Why? Because I like to turn off my
flash when i take pictures--and then I need a very steady hand to get an in-focus picture.
I take my chances....did pretty good....I would like to have one of those mono pods.

Wii post a bunch--trying not to duplicate too many....

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

More.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

And---more....

The last 3 in this series are NOT real. live Orchids. They are ceramic.
Sure fooled me--as I took a lot of pictures and then found out......

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Continuing......

I like the first one. Sally with a light on her shoulders---
Second one--from the other direction..better..but not as cute....

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Last of the pictures....

Wonderful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.