PNW Roundup Interest- Annual Fun Gathering of Friends at Lyn

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Is there any interest in attending the annual Roundup at our house this year? Please let me know what date in June 16th, 23rd or 30th would work for the majority. This is always a fun event, and I would like to continue the tradition, and make plans for it.
Is anyone interested in co hosting the event with me? Do you want a weekend - Sat and Sunday with planned events, or just come here and do our plant exchange and potluck?

I am looking forward to catching up with all of you.

Thumbnail by LynnPhillips Thumbnail by LynnPhillips Thumbnail by LynnPhillips Thumbnail by LynnPhillips
Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I wish I could. I hope others can make it and have a good time. It would be great to see you. I'm pretty well chained to the schoolwork right now except for brief breaks now and then. I should be done by the Summer of 2013, and will gladly come to a Roundup then.

Lake Stevens, WA

Lynn,
I would love to come to a round-up. I'm thinking any of those dates would work you could pick what is best for you. I could only come for the day. Would it be fun to go to a few of the nurseries down there?

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

I fear that the forum has disintegrated to the point that there will not be roundups for awhile.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

I would love to come up and meet folks, but the distance is prohibitive for me.

Every day I check the "Dave's Garden newest members", hoping for more Pacific NW people......but none ever join. Lots of Texans. It surprises me that more people don't join from OR and WA......Pacific NW offers the ideal climate for gardening. But I myself know very few serious gardeners locally. I'm converting a few to become serious gardeners, however!

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I agree - the PNW forum is definitely in a bit of a lull. I'm guessing with so many different networks available, perhaps folks have migrated elsewhere. I use the DG blog section for my own personal use, so I'm still a pretty faithful regular.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I think some people are on facebook. I don't personally like facebook because everything I would post, of interest only to some of my friends and family, would go out to everyone. I have no capability in trying to figure out how to organize it differently, though there may be some way. Also, it is too easy to get into political or religious wrangles with the extended family, or even other people's extended round of acquaintances. I just can't, don't want, to get embroiled in that.
I miss people who used to be part of this forum. I like having people to communicate with about my gardening obsession without, hopefully, boring anyone, and having a small community to be a part of. I'm still planning to go to Willow's house to help her out either at the end of May or beginning of June when I have a brief break between classes.
I am actually supposed to be writing a culminating paper for the class I am finishing up today. Better get back to it. I needed a little moment to look at pretty pictures for a minute, so I came to DG on a brief technology assisted break.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I miss everyone, too. That is why I was hoping for a get together this summer to maybe get some of the spark back.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Well, I don't want to get your hopes up, (heehee), but we are talking about heading west again this summer. If we do, we'd lve to pop in. Don't change any of your plans, though, cuz I have no date pinpointed. I learned recently that my dad's cousin that lived in Puyallup died. I'd want to come visit my cousins though, so could combine seeing you with that. I'll definitely let you know when we make a decision.
Jeff still tells people how we were taken in by strangers to him and were treated like family. He was very impressed with all you DG peeps. However I already felt like you were family w/o meeting face to face. (((HUGS))) to you all.

Jan

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Jan, don't forget that I live on the coast should you want to visit the beach!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

LOL. Thanks for the invite, SK

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Oh Jan, that would be great to see you guys again. Just let us know when!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Whoop whoop!! Will do.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Jan, so good to see you here in our forum. It has been pretty quiet without some of our long time members. Then, personal issues always interfer too! Please keep hanging around!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Okey-dokey!! Let's see, we've had another grandydaughter in September and now another grandy is on the way. Had a scare early on, but we are thankful things seem to have settled. November or late October is the due date.

Madison, AL

Anyone - whatever happened to Pony?

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

She migrated to Facebook I think.

Madison, AL

bonehead - thanks.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Definitely see her on Facebook.....and I think some of her aches and pains keep her gardening to a minimum at times.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.