Philly Phlower Phanatics 2012 Flower Show

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Call me a Philly Phlower Phanatic: The 2012 Flower Show is almost gone but definitely not phorgoten . I will keep this short with the promise of more pic later.
The theme Aloha Hawaii promised something exotic and colorful, it fulfilled all that and more. Approaching the surreal in both palette and form. Many exhibitors appeared to have down scaled the size of their displays, possibly in response to the cost of the myriad use of exotics. The results were no less impressive. Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

A Koi pond with no water, no problem! Some exhibitors used the theme in their plant entries.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

A few more! Ric

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Makes me want to go to Hawaii, thanks for sharing!!!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Wow!
Thanks for adding that to our Phorum (had to think of an ffff!)
I love the concrete koi in the mondo grass!
WHat a great show. What a challenge for the exhibitors, as you say.
I wonder what Rodale could do with that theme. I remember that Rodale had an exhibit , the time I went.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Ric--Thank you for all the Phictures! They are Phenominal....

I have been to the Philly Phlower Show only once....years ago....I was blown away--
but not with the area and the parking problems....just the quality of the Show.

I am going to the the last day of the Baltimore Home and Garden Show at the Timmonium Fairgrounds
this Sunday with "donner"(Sally)...We have arranged to meet there--and then she will come by my house.

It can take hours and hours to meander through it all. So nice though.....They can do AMAZING things!
I will wear comfy shoes and hope I will survive the walking all day......and hope I am NOT tempted to buy anything....

Gita

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Glad u got to go & thanx for the pix. Judy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.