Happy Birthday to Gita

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Gita,

Happy birthday to you!! Spring is a wonderful time for a gardener!!

Donner

Thumbnail by donnerville
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Thumbnail by ecnalg
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy b-day!!!!

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Thank you all for the greetings and lovely photos. Gita

Pat--how do you capture such blues???? You must have an amazing camera.....

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Have a wonderful day Gita, it looks promising but chilly. Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Gita,

That was taken with David's new camera, and I'm sure he'll be on later to wish you a good year. The old camera never seemed to do a good job capturing the blue tones, particularly with the iris. I absolutely love blue flowers. Can't wait to see your brugs burst forth with blooms again.

Pat

Thumbnail by ecnalg
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Couldn't let another minute go by without wishing wonderful. unique, glorious, perennial you a very Happy Birthday. How lucky we are to have you (and your share from the heart plants) with us in the mid atlantic!

{(((((HUGS))))))}

Thumbnail by coleup
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Awwww---Judy! You are too sweet!

Did you all know that blue is my favorite color? Looks great with my eyes too.....blush.....

Pat--so what kind of camera does David have? I need a new one--but NOT an SLR.
My el-cheapo ($79 Polaroid) digital camera keeps on doing a decent job--but does not
pick up blues or reds very well. However--I am amazed how well it has served me for about 5 years already!

Should buy myself a B-Day present.....:o)......WHY not?????

All input welcome! It will probably have to be a Nikon with good zooooom function.

Thanks all! Gita

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Just wanted to send you a wish of my own. Hope you are having a great Birthday!
How about a blue Morning Glory.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Holly---Pretty!

Now--here is what deep blue (Grandpa Ott MG) looks like with my camera....
Loooong way off!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday Gita!

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...........chocolate!!!!

OH NO!!!! The calories IF I ate all that!!!!!

Thanks for the B-D wishes, Robin!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Gita,
Happy Birthday to You! May today bring you much joy, and pleasant surprizes!
Was over at Middle River area on Friday to visit my cousin. We had lunch at Williamsburg Inn. Have been there many times before but this day we were all disappointed.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Pippi!

Why were you disappointed????? Was something not up to par? It is a nice place to eat.
Nothing super fancy--just an older type of a restaurant with a colonial atmosphere....

I have been to the Williamsburg Inn several times. It is about 5 miles from my house.
What I really like there--is that they serve these HUGE brandy-sniffer type glasses of wine or drinks.

It is a very comfy-cozy place--fireplace and all.

What went wrong??????

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Gita!!!! =) I hope it's been a WONDERFUL one for you so far!!!!

Thumbnail by speediebean
Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Gita, hope you're having a wonderful birthday!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy happy birthday Gita!

Thumbnail by sallyg
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday Gita!

A little chilly today, but you can go out and celebrate in nice weather in a couple of days. The photos Pat posted on this thread were taken with a Canon PowerShot SX30 IS, which I acquired at the beginning of the summer. A bit pricey (for me), but it is a pleasure to use. My older camera, a Canon PowerShot S50 did a really good job except for the blue-violet-purple flowers. There was an adjustment that corrected the hue, but I had to re-learn it and fiddle with the settings every time. You can get an equivalent camera of the same brand now in a similar price range as your old camera. The camera you have may include a set-up choice to solve your blues problem if you can figure out the documentation. Too bad Penn Camera closed most of its stores, as it was a good camera specialty store in the area with knowledgeable help that could address you problem, direct you to a well-priced camera that would meet your needs and show you how to adjust the settings for the color disparity.

Thumbnail by greenthumb99
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks, David---

We have an old--as in been there forever- camera shop called "Coopers Camera Mart" that would be in the category
you mentioned. But--it is a half hour drive from my house.

A while back--I talked to a young man at WW and he seemed very knowledgeable. Even recomended an older
camera that takes amazing photos.
Do you think Ritz Camera Shops are a decent place for honest opinions?

I am sure I would be able to get a good camera in the $200 range....How much was yours? You said it was "pricy"...?

There is a Thread in the cameras and Photography Forum of someone seeking help. I read it and
jotted down some of the recommendations.

Still open to opinions from anyone here......

Gita

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Another option, of most-likely lower price, would be from a SAM'S club or Costco, one of those types of stores. They have an amazing selection of electronics and I bet you'd find something there of good quality and a reasonable price. I personally do not know anything about cameras, but my son does, he's the one really 'into' photography.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Gita, those of us that had coffee; coffee came out luke warm, waitress was snippy and tried to snatch our plates before we were finished, the cream of crab soup tasted more like a white sauce than soup and you couldn't find any crab in that soup, had a little bit of Old Bay sprinkled on top to give that crab taste. My cousin raved about the bread pudding was always so good and how it comes with a lemon sauce..it came with only whipped cream out of a can on top. It is always so cold in there. My sister's crabcake was nothing to brag about. We like to the crabcakes at "At the Dock" Now those are real crabcakes! Best I've ever eaten in my life. My cousin wanted us to come over in Dec. but we couldn't make it. She said it is always decorated so pretty and their Guild from church has their luncheons there and we've had a large family gathering there before too.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oops!!! I guess my birthday wishes are late. Just say I'm early for next year!!! Glad you had a good birthday!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.