March Pictures and Chit Chat

South, TX

I was in the AV club with her until I moved. Haven't talked to her since. Glad you did, B.

They are on Yahoo I think. I don't like Yahoo groups, seems hard to post and all. Pics, etc can't be seen.

Montgomery, AL

I agree with you. I like the people on the Yahoo groups too, but this format for picture posting and discussion is so much better!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I don't care for yahoo groops either. I love the people on there. I still don't know how to post pics there. I just read all the posts from getting the daily digest. I don't post to much at all on there. There's a lot of just little comments. It's good if you have lost of time to go thru all the postings. Lots of people from daves garden went there after the problems with just a few bad apples. Gail was caught in the middle. I miss her posting here. She tried to get me started in streps-sent me quite a few cuttings, the perlite, and even a box to root them in. I'm a dork when it comes to streps. Can't grow them al all. I'm going to try again. I got some seeds from bratpack 2 forum and just saw one little strep popping up. Maybe this one will grow up to be an adult. LOL.

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

Picture shows gray cubicles at the office.
All my coworkers enjoy the contrast of the colorful blooms.

Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn
Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

Some of the offices have windows,
so this pair gets to grow in the best light.

Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn
Montgomery, AL

Gorgeous blooms in that office. That sounds like a good way to recruit club members too.

Rob's Whodunit, Optimara Little Chickasaw, Codonatanthus carnosa, Calico Queen, and Strawberry Fields

Thumbnail by jamiew Thumbnail by jamiew Thumbnail by jamiew Thumbnail by jamiew Thumbnail by jamiew
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

john and jamie, your violets are so pretty. I have to take a few more pictures, exoecually of Nymph Fly and Violet Trails. They are blooming for the first time.

Sanbornton, NH

Hi John and Jamie,

Very nice pictures, both of you. I thought I would add a couple more African Violets to the mix. The first one is Edee's Rosebud Trail, a very prolific trailer. You might note that there are 2 distinctly different flowers on the same plant. The other picture is Champagne Taste. One of my favorites, along with King's Ransom, for the large flower size, over 2 inches across.

Earle G

Thumbnail by EarleG Thumbnail by EarleG
Montgomery, AL

Is Edee's Rosebud a chimera? It looks like the leaves are 2 different types also. Very pretty and I love trailers but don't have that one.

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Wow,such eye candy everyone!

Sanbornton, NH

Hi Jamie,

According to the AVSA database, Edee's Rosebud Trail is suppose to have variegated leaves with a double pink flower. I have had this plant for several years and it did, initially have double pink flowers. Now, what you see is what you get. Neither flower is a double pink and, in fact, they are both singles. To add to the mystery here, the two different flowers are on two different crowns of the same plant. I have rooted some small cowns over the winter. I will just have to wait to see what kind of flower is produced.

I am attaching a picture of the same plant from two years ago. It looks more like a double pink flower. I love a good mystery.

Earle

Thumbnail by EarleG
South, TX

Beautiful pictures!

Montgomery, AL

Well, it looks like you've got a chimera sport off Edee's Rosebud Trail on one of those crowns. I would think that you could register that. It's very pretty.

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Very pretty pictures everyone! Keep them coming.
Earl,your Edee's Rosebud is preety cool.
ApopkaJohn,Your office AV's are beautiful.
Jamie,What can I say girl,beautiful as always.

This is my newest kohleria seedling blooming from Thad Scaggs cross Kapo x Cinnamon Toast.

Jan

Thumbnail by jannich
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Nice photos everyone! I love the office AVs! I am hoping to bring one of my new Streps to my office.

Jan, I love your new Kohleria... Beautiful bloom!

It's gorgeous Sis!

Yardley, PA

Beautiful Earle and Jan!

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Great plants, everyone! Wow! I can't wait for Spring and Summer!

Speaking of Spring...

Sinningia cardinalis, 'California Gold' x leucotricha, eumorpha 'Saltao' x piresiana...

... and, of course not a Gesneriad, Drosera binata coming out of dormancy and loving the new, unobstructed Southern exposure... :)

Thumbnail by bsimpson1972 Thumbnail by bsimpson1972 Thumbnail by bsimpson1972 Thumbnail by bsimpson1972
Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Well, no flowers this time - only buds... LOL

Sinningia 'HCY's Bold Print', 'Yma', 'Orange Zinger'

Thumbnail by bsimpson1972 Thumbnail by bsimpson1972 Thumbnail by bsimpson1972
Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Kohleria 'Peppermint', 'Peridots Tom Thumb'

Thumbnail by bsimpson1972 Thumbnail by bsimpson1972

Looks like you will have loads of flowers soon.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Lynn!

Here's Gesneria pedicellaris. I have never grown a Gesneria but from what I read, this plant should be happy among my micro minis in the fish tank... Oh, and for a whopping three bucks, I just wasn't able to resist... :)

Thumbnail by bsimpson1972
Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

And the one that almost got away:

Sinningia 'Star Eyes'

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Some Sinningia speciosa cultivars can make decent foliage plants as well...

Oh, and I forgot to say that this is 'Claire Roberts'.

This message was edited Mar 23, 2012 12:30 PM

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Please forgive today's posting-overkill - signs of serious posting-withdrawal for several days... LOL

Some Sinningia species

S. helioana, araneosa, lineata "Highly Spotted Clone", bullata

Thumbnail by bsimpson1972 Thumbnail by bsimpson1972 Thumbnail by bsimpson1972 Thumbnail by bsimpson1972
Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

And a few more flowers...

Sinningia 'Freckles' and 'Orange Zinger', Kohleria 'Peppermint'

Thumbnail by bsimpson1972 Thumbnail by bsimpson1972 Thumbnail by bsimpson1972
South, TX

bsimpson, the pictures are just beautiful.

Montgomery, AL

Awesome pictures Olaf. I'm glad to see you posting again.
Jamie

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Thanks Sally and Jamie! :)

Jamie: the seedlings survived and seem happy so far. Particularly the Paliavana and the Drymonia have grown quite a bit. The Neomortonia are a little lanky but that's kind of normal at this stage.The Gloxinia are tiny and literally waiting for better weather... LOL

Olaf

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Some of my new strep babies are coming in...
And a couple of them actually have buds on them!
Today is my first bloom by a strep in over two years!
Yay for me!

Introducing Purple Panda!

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

That's a very pretty Strep!

Sinningia 'Orange Zinger', 'Yma', 'HCY's Bold Print', 'Gabriel's Horn Mutant'

Congratulations Karen!

Nice pictures Olaf!

Lynn

Montgomery, AL

Various blooms around the house.

Thumbnail by jamiew Thumbnail by jamiew Thumbnail by jamiew Thumbnail by jamiew Thumbnail by jamiew
Montgomery, AL

Spring!

South, TX

More wonderful pictures, I love them all.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Sinningia 'HCY's Bold Print'

Thumbnail by bsimpson1972 Thumbnail by bsimpson1972

Great pictures all! What's the first one Jamie?

Lynn

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Great bunch of pics, everyone!!! My son and DIL are visiting from up North, so I've been busy entertaining! No time to take pics of blooming plants. :(.
Just enjoying all the ones posted.

Have fun Eileen!

I have a few.

Thumbnail by lbrabec Thumbnail by lbrabec Thumbnail by lbrabec Thumbnail by lbrabec

A few more

Thumbnail by lbrabec Thumbnail by lbrabec Thumbnail by lbrabec

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.