Pot luck sign up for 2012 Round-Up

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi, my name is Robyn. This is the thread where we will sign up for the Round-Up potluck. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. I love pot lucks. I will get us started...

I'm bringing 2 cases of water and a couple of party sandwiches.

So, let me ring the dinner bell.

Our list of goodies...

monkeymomr(Robyn) 2 cases of water and 2 big sandwiches

SingingWolf-something with honey (yum)

tchrkare(Karen) pasta primavera salad

dilliansnana(Sylvia) macaronie salad

Ichy3585(Kristen) fruit sqewers and cookie bar dessert

desert-witch- meat and cheese tray and veggies for dipping in her special dill dip.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2012 6:02 PM

Samigal(Pegi) Lemon jello cake and something else that we will have to wait for because it will be a surprise.

JulesGarden4B- Quice Lorraine and Scallope Pineapple dish.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2012 7:58 PM

This message was edited Apr 9, 2012 6:22 PM

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Will have to think about this for a while. Decisions, decisions,decisions, I just hate making them. LOL

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Okay, I have a dedicated hot water pot, and a coffee pot, but make horrible coffee.
I'll bring something made with Honey, just haven't decided on what yet.
There are power outlets available and picnic tables if anyone needs to bring a crock pot, or
wants a place to set their plate. LOL!
Thanks for starting this thread, monkeymomr.
WIB~
SW

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm thinking macaroni salad.
Sylvia

Still thinking here, now that I know there will be electrical outlets I can decide hot or cold dish.

Palm Desert, CA(Zone 11)

Hi~~~I will bring a "pasta primavera" salad. Karen :)

Thank you all

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Not sure what yet. Have 3 possible recipes (2 sweet, one savory) set aside and DD and friend made some very yummy lemon bars last week that are a new possibility. Choices, choices.

SW, I can make that coffee, I guess. I do drink coffee and guess the water to coffee measurements would be the same on a big pot as my home brewer.

Quiltygirl, lemon bars are to die for!!! I was thinking of some desert, but haven't made up my mind yet. I get a couple e-mails from cooking sites and they have some good pot luck dishes. Will see what they have to offer.

In my opinion, there is no such thing as too many deserts. Just sayin'

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I have the plant trade thread up now. Here is the link.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1246910/
WIB~
SW

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Samigal, those e-mail websites are where I saw the recipes I was looking at. DD and her BFF made some lemon bars last week that were great. I asked where they got the recipe. the response? "Oh, somewhere on the web". Well, that should be easy enough, must only be one or two, huh? LOL!

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Kristin, Icky3585, will bring Fruit Skewers and a Cookie Bar Desert (like smores)

Sounds yummy!!!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Sure does! : - )
WIB,
SW

Lucerne Valley, CA(Zone 8a)

I'll bring a meat and cheese tray, some dipping veggies and my dill ranch style dip.

Sound so good desert_witch. Good thing I already ate dinner or I would be drooling.

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Robyn - can you 'edit' your first post on this thread to show a list of what everyone has said, so far, they are bringing? It would be like the General RU thread where SW shows who is coming. We can only edit our own posts, as far as I know.

Back to the drawing board. I 'test drove' a recipe yesterday for a 'Broccoli - Sweet Onion Tart' It was good, not great. Kids did not try it either because of broccoli or onions, or both. The Cheez-it crust sounded (at tasted) good to all though! Maybe I could use a crust like that and make something quiche-er.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Well, I've been practicing cooking over the weekend too. I had help, but made some decent cookies. Now I have to find that recipe I want to use. : - )
I have a really nice crustless quiche recipe, if you are interested QG.
Robyn, I couldn't even find the edit in the space under my name because the print was so small. But if it helps, it's blue. LOL! I felt so silly, and dear weegy, just laughed off my boo boo. Made me feel much better. : - ) Once I took off my glasses I could actually see the word "edit".
You did fine, sweetie.
Now who hasn't signed up to bring food?
Weegy wants to know who is going to make the coffee?
I guess the first person who wants some? I'll have the
fixings, but make the worst coffee ever, according to them that dared try it. LOL!
Hope to hear from everyone soon.
WIB~
SW

I will bring a lemon jello cake and another dish, but just don't know what as of right now. Just be surprised!! I just love desserts too. I've printed out so many recipes off web sites, but never seem to get around to trying them. Did I mention I really don't like to cook? LOL

Lucerne Valley, CA(Zone 8a)

LOL, MonkeyMom! I can't wait to meet all of you! Too much fun and I'm bringing my long time friend/new gardening buddy who lives in a trailer here on my property. She's looking forward to it as well!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Sounds like a yummy cake, and as I far as I'm concerned, why not start off the day with desert? LOL!
Sami, who'd of thought you don't care to cook? I'm right with you, after all I only learned how to cook in self-defense. : - )
desert_witch, I'll add your friend to the list in parenthesis, next to your name. : - )
Sounds like fun alright. : - )
More soon.
WIB~
SW

Start the day with desert and end the day with desert, what a way to go. I should have married a man that cooks and cleans house besides being an all around handyman. Are there any of them around??? I'll be the one playing in the dirt.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I'll be making mud pies right next to you! LOL!
But I won't be making anyone eat 'em. : - )
Giggling~
WIB~
SW

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Pegi, one of DD's friends brought over some carne asada he marinated (his recipe) and grilled and some pinto beans to her and her BFF's that live here. The girls burned some tortillas to go with it. Don't know if he cleans house, but he is kinda young for you at 19!

I pulled some recipes from a magazine for some cool versions of the old rice krispy squares that I hope to try. Also an online recipe for a toffee. So guess I will generally bring something sweet?....

Quiltygirl, maybe I could adopt the bf as a grandson and I'll let him live in if he cooks like that. My mouth is watering already.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

LOL! Yup, a man who cooks is a treasure, beyond measure. (Pun intended!)
SLOL!
WIB~
SW

Menifee, CA

Hi QuiltyGirl, SingingWolf and other RUs. This will be my first RU and I'm fairly new to DG. I'd like to bring a Scallop Pineapple dish which is good cold or hot and goes well with almost anything. If anyone is not bringing Quiche, I'd like to bring Quiche Lorraine (which can also be served hot or cold).

Please advise if I need to bring plates, forks, napkins, etc as my stuff will need some kind of utensil to eat it, rather than caveman style ;O)
Kindly advise when food needs to be there, if in advance of gathering time.

I'll also be bringing some small prizes and an introduction to my new webstore called http://www.GlitzygardenDecor.com The little prizes will be a quick basic garden quiz for fun! If anything else is needed, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email to Contact@GlitzyGardendecor.com

Look forward to fun, nosh time and chatting! I hope to meet you all this Saturday!

Thumbnail by JulesGarden4B
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Jules,
If you bring Quiche Lorraine, I promise I'll play the B-52's song of the same name. LOL! : - )
Actually, both dishes sound yummy.
For those actually keeping track, I've wavering between Honey Meatballs or Honey BBQ Wings. I guess I'll just have to keep ya all in suspense for a few more days. : - )
My Eldest son is taking care of the paper goods, i.e. paper plates, cups, and plastic silverware, so no worries there. And thank you for thinking to ask. : - )
I usually leave the easy stuff like that to the guys, although my son knows how to cook. : - )
Jules, may I thank you in advance for something else to look forward to? Last year we were hanging out in the Bee Barn, making decoupage, and mosaic bowling balls during the RU. It was a fun way to spend what might have been a dreary time, into play time. Sounds like you have some fun ideas, for us. I'm looking forward to meeting you. : - )
Last year Heather starter bringing in stuff the day before the RU, because she had sooo much she couldn't take with her to TX. Like them bowling balls, and all those beautiful plants she shared with us.
Usually though, people bring in their Pot Luck dishes when they come for the RU. If it needs to be kept warm, I do have electricity both at Gma oak and in the Bee Barn.
Please remember to bring your own serving spoon or we'll use one of my wooden spoons.
We'll be fine, as long as I don't have to make the coffee. : - )
Be seeing everyone soon!
WIB~
SW

Menifee, CA

Hi Everyone:

I guess SingingWolf better break out the B-52's songs [SW: you're a hoot! Thanks for the chuckle] ... It's confirmed, I'll be bringing Quiche Lorraine and Scallop Pineapple, (my mom's recipes...yum!). Serving utensils will be handy ;O) [SW: Kindly thank your eldest son for the papergoods, etc!]

I will also be bringing printed recipes to hand out, a quick fun garden quiz with small prizes, a few bulb plants to pass along (if anyone wishes to have them) and some craft & decor ideas to share, (and possibly one to do with everyone if I can pull it together in time). My dad is coming for a short time, (then he gets to babysit my newly adopted Jack Russell dog I rescued from the local shelter)!

Looking forward to seeing you all this Saturday.

Have a terrific sunny afternoon!
Best wishes, JulesGarden4B

Thumbnail by JulesGarden4B
Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Sounds good second Jules!

We are going to have Fun!!!! Just hope the rain stays away.

I just ate a huge dinner, but now I'm feeling urges for all this good food. Just a few more days to go. I hope I don't explode with excitement. I'm saving the exposion for all the good food.

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

OK, it is the eleventh hour and I will be bringing a Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee recipe. Did nt do a test run, so please be kind.

Also (are you reading this SW-Jules?) I just picked up 2 gallons of DeJongs' chocolate milk. For those who have not been at the last 2 RU's or are not local, this is the bestest chocolate milk! gr8cate/Heather brought it the last 2 years, so someone needed to step up to the plate.

YYYUUUUMMMMM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.