Any Experience With Crystal Polymers?

Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Sorry if this isn't the place for such a question. I use irrigation from a property creek through a small pump and garden hose but it doesn't have the oomph to climb more than 15 vertical feet or so, which is where my dry areas are. I've wondered about crystal polymers and if they're effective enough for soil that drains quickly and dries out.

Areas in question...Tulip beds left side of drive(wet in the spring, but not summer)...also area along the fence line going up the drive. I've spent many days improving the soil but it dries out too fast and I'd like to get something substantial in there that grows in full sun(most of property is shaded).

Another thought to retain moisture is remove all soil and line the bed bottoms with perforated plastic sheething(6 mil visqeen)

Any thoughts? Oh and here's one site I've glanced at.

http://watersorb.com/application.htm

Thanks!

Thumbnail by kdfisher Thumbnail by kdfisher
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!