"Orange Baby" sweet pepper

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

I've been trying to find an American seed source for "Orange Baby" to no avail. Sources in the U.K. are plentiful but they do not or cannot ship to he U.S. Has anyone here grown this variety and possibly have some seed for sale or trade?

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Might it have another name? Can you describe it. Is it a bell non bell etc.

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

It's a mini-bell,said to be very productive. It certainly is a beautiful plant in the pictures I've seen, loaded with bright orange peppers. You can search "sweet pepper Orange Baby" and a number of websites from the U.K. will turn up and they'll have images.

North Hills, CA

I have seeds for a non bell/mini bell type pepper called Mini Sweets.
It looks similar to Sweet orange babies.
Mini sweets come in Orange Yellow or red.
Very prolific and sweet.

A pic and recipe of mini sweets(stuffed).

From what I've read each color is a different plant,not a color change when ripening.
I have a lot of seeds but haven't grown them out yet.They are a pack of mixed colors.
They just sprouted,I'll know what is what at seasons end.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 8b)

Quote from smokemaster :
I have seeds for a non bell/mini bell type pepper called Mini Sweets.
It looks similar to Sweet orange babies.
Mini sweets come in Orange Yellow or red.
Very prolific and sweet.

From what I've read each color is a different plant,not a color change when ripening.
I have a lot of seeds but haven't grown them out yet.They are a pack of mixed colors.
They just sprouted,I'll know what is what at seasons end.

That's normal. Most bells start out green or purplish, then turn yellow, red or orange when ripe. There are always exceptions, but the ones I know about are the little hot types.

Plant variety names aren't necessarily the same from country to country. I'm not sure how naming conventions work, to be honest, but have run into instances of the same plant with different "registered" names in different places. Sometimes the preferred variety name is already in use and can't be patented or copyrighted; sometimes the name is chosen to appeal to the local populace; and of course, that's just accounting for the English-speaking countries.

-Rich

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

A pic and recipe???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.