Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 12

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

When you say a "well" ?
Do you mean a Well like in the Biblical Days ?
Or a modern day Bore ?

This is the normal way the front paddocks look.

Thumbnail by ginger749
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Kell - Amazing front gate ! The flooding didn't hurt any plants? *No, the cat failed when she came round to the back door to meow for some crunchies - rat escaped.... boo.

Terri, the Thai canna is a beauty, love the color. My only canna that is showing its face is a potted black - still too cold at night I guess. My phone won't import pictures at this particular moment, so I'll try later.

Here is from the Bay Breeze half marathon I ran yesterday, not garden related - but a good reason to have a glass of good wine last night!

And a showing from our chickens, beautiful eggs -

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop

Lookin good Tracy.

Funny looking green eggs.
Look longer than the rest.

My new Tropicanna bed.

Thumbnail by ginger749
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

wow, the leaves on those cannas looks delicious! If I were a bug, I would definitely be eating those.

The green eggs have the biggest orange yolks - for some reason the shape has been off/longer since they started laying again? I have no idea why.

and thank-you, I was quite a sweaty mess.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I miss fresh eggs but don't miss all the trouble I had with critters coming after my chickens all the time. And having 3 roosters at one time isn't much fun either. lol.

Do you know why eggs are tapered at one end ? ^_^

All the Cannas are in and watered.

Thumbnail by ginger749

Your cannas look good!! Here's the canna I grew last year. I had it in a another spot too but this was the best one.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23

Is that your new wheels in the first picture ?

Tropicannas a few weeks later. :o)

Thumbnail by ginger749

Old wheels. I've had it for many years now.

Quote from pepper23 :
Old wheels. I've had it for many years now.

I'm just catching up pepper.

This was the start of my first Flower Spike.

Thumbnail by ginger749
Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL, my well is a modern "bore" with a pump and piping to the veg garden and parts of the ornamental beds. We purchased the section of land adjacent to our existing property mainly because it was such an eye sore. This property had listed in the disclosures at closing: well, disrepair--unusable. Nothing was mentioned of this well when we bid of the property, which was extremely overgrown and impenetrable in places. We ended up with a huge clearing job and finally finding the well with well-pump still in place. We called in electric and well people and they got it up and running in about five minutes. DH had the piping installed two years ago for Mother Day. Lucky considering the weather last year.

Love the front gate sans flooding and love lurking on this forum. Hope to have something more to contribute this summer.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Kell, the leaves look so gorgeous.. do they get full sun? Mine end up looking tattered and burnt by summers end? I took them out of our front walk. My cannas did so much better in Oregon. I'm doing something wrong here.

* I'll let you tell the joke about the egg :)

Pepper, your canna is beautiful - the flower color is gorgeous!

Yes Red, full Sunshine.
How far is your new home from old home in Oregon ?
*Something about closing with a bang. ^_^

One of my nicer Cream Cannas.

Thumbnail by ginger749
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

about 600 miles ? We moved from outside of Portland, OR to East Bay, CA - we are in a very deserty climate. The soil is different so it has been a learning curve for me.

And I was so anxious to fill our slope with plants, I didn't plan it out as well as I should've. So now I'm moving stuff around, it's all good.

The cream canna is incredible - what is the name?

Pepper - how did you end up with 3 roosters, ha ha ha. We came back from a vacation to one of our girls "cockadoodle doo-ing" at 3 am- my favorite of course, he was a total dingbat. Had to give him away.

You know me Red.
I really have no idea what it's called.
I just call it Kara. ^_^

Do you know what this one is called ?

Thumbnail by ginger749

It's been many years since I've had those chickens. I got them to have as my FFA (Future Farmers of America) project. So we went to the feed store, got I think 9 chicks and brought them home. Rhode Island Reds is the breed we got. Gorgeous chickens!! Well, we couldn't tell at the time what was what so we just got a bunch. There ended up being 2 roosters in there. Ok, 2 is fine we think. Well....my neighbors at the time had chickens also. RRRs and exotics. The RRRs were too aggressive so they asked us to take them off their hands. They had a rooster. So we ended up with 3 roosters. lol. We killed one later that year, kept 2 for several years then 2nd one got killed off. The last one got killed when a little Banny rooster from next door got out and came over to take over as head of the hens I had left. LOL.

I am soooo glad those chickens are gone! No more trying to run them out of my gardens and no more chasing dogs out of the yard. Snakes don't hang around as much either. The yard is all mine again!! LOL

Quote from pepper23 :
The yard is all mine again!! LOL

Don't you get a little lonely all by yourself in your garden ?

I love my visitors.
This Dragon is 5 foot long.
He comes into My Studio if I don't go out into the Garden.

Thumbnail by ginger749

I have my butterflies, birds, squirrels and hummers. Sometimes I see a lizards. But none of them bother me. lol. The squirrels entertain me when they start yelling at me. lol.

OK then Pepper.

Any of your brothers still living at Home ?

My Zorro thinks he is a Muslim.

Thumbnail by ginger749

Brothers on their own and either married or engaged.

I don't know whether to laugh at Zorro or cringe. He looks spooky and funny at the same time. lol. I think it's the flash in his eyes. lol

In the cold, he will lie next to the Potbelly Stove.
Dear old Zorro.

This was August last year. (our winter)

Thumbnail by ginger749
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ah, Zorro seems sweet - he's got a nice little spot there on the rug.

Thanks to Kell I have ordered a cream colored canna from Brent & Beckys.... Creamsicle? I'm going to pot it, tho - I think I'll have better luck than putting it in the ground.

Pepper - love your chicken story, I don't think I'd enjoy them much if they were on the loose ! We have a coop with a large run, so they are confined. We have a fair amount of hawks here (not to mentions raccoons) I'm sure they'd be somebody's lunch quickly. Also, I wouldn't want their poop on my patio !!

I'd scream like a little girl if that 5 ft. dragon came into my house, or even if I saw him outside! We have the tiny lizards which are great and toads which take a dip in the pool every now and again.... I would think the salt water would bother them?

Looks like it's back to one again ?
Time to give up I guess.
TTFN.

kell.

Thumbnail by ginger749
Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm planting out my new cannas now. As soon as I have some blooms I'll be posting.

cullman, AL(Zone 7b)

Ours went out this past weekend, then ones in the ground were starting to come up, so out came my potted ones, and I started a bunch of seeds.. Were moving soon, so they will be potted for a bit until we get them to the new place.. I will for sure take pics of mine, as they were all started from seed, so who knows what they will look like
jen

Mine still have some time before I can plant them but it won't be long now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.