February Pictures and Chit Chat

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Spring is getting closer as the days are getting longer...

Seemannia sylvatica cv.

Thumbnail by bsimpson1972
Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Sinningia 'Heartland's WOW!'

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Sinningia bullata

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Sinningia 'Ozark Rosy Cheeks'

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Kohleria 'Peppermint'

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

And the picture...

Sanbornton, NH

Nice photos to start off the monthof February. Really like the Seemania! As you say, one step closer to Spring.

Earle

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Earle! :)

MSU, MS(Zone 8a)

Here is one I am not sure about the name. I was told it is Beachcomber but I don't know because it doesn't quite match the description. It actually had a double and then some single flowers on it at the same time if you take a close look. Anyone have any ideas?

Thumbnail by zozzl
Sanbornton, NH

Hi folks,

Trying out a new (to me) camera and I thought I would show my first test. It is an african violet known as "Genetic Blush" and it is flowering very nicely for the middle of winter.

Earle

Thumbnail by EarleG
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

zozzl, whatever it's name is, it's a beauty. Maybe someone will recognize it. I hope so, I would love to have one of those.
EarlG--nice little violet. I lost my Genetic Blush last winter. Never got to see it bloom.
what kind of camera did you get. It takes a great picture.

Sanbornton, NH

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for the kind words. The camera is a Canon Powershot SX130 and I am pleased with it so far. Moved up from 4 megapixels to 12 and, best of all, it was a gift. Got it yesterday and am still in the early learning process.

As to the Genetic Blush, feel free to remind me in the Spring and I will be happy to send you a plant or leaves, whichever you might prefer.

Earle

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

I can't believe that were are in February already. Only 13 more days until my birthday and I am so looking forward to being able to get some plants as an excuse...LOL

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Earle, thanks for the offer. When spring comes, I'll remind you. I'll dmail you a list of what I have and we can make a trade.

Eileen

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Here is the first bloom on my S. Little Tiger after it came back from the dead. Well, not dead I'm sure, but thanks to David from Dave's Violets virtually holding my hand, it came back!

Thumbnail by Syrumani
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I told you, Earle, that things grown from leaf cuttings do better than grown plants I bring home!

This is the Pet. 'Shortnin Bread' that I will keep for myself . . .

Thumbnail by Syrumani
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

These are the siblings that need to be separated (again) and/or potted up . . . will be perfect size for the club sale in May.

Thumbnail by Syrumani
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

And my favorite . . . my Species rupicola . . . just days before being thoroughly disbudded, and those icky brown leaves taken off . . .

Thumbnail by Syrumani
Sanbornton, NH

Very nice, Nicole! I am glad the Pet is doing well for you. I do enjoy the blooms on them. I am happy to see anything blooming here in the heart of winter.

Earle

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Nice blooms, Syrumani.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

WOW! That Species rupicola is AWESOME!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Thanks, all! If you have FC2, there is a pic of this very same plant in there . . .

I'm really looking forward to the spring RR . . . ^_^

Wow, hey! When did they update so we could upload up to 5 images?

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

I've been down with a flu for the past week and I'm just now starting the catch up...

Wow! Did I miss some awesome pictures!

Earle, your Violets are stunning!

Nichole, that S. rupicola is off the chain! I'm sure, you'll win best in show with it!!! :)

Oh, and 'Lil' Tiger' is one tough cookie! Unfortunately, the micros have a tendency to lose their crowns easily in transit but that really isn't an issue since the tuber will resprout within a few weeks and you can use the snapped off crown as a cutting. They root within a few weeks and are blooming size within about two months.

I think, I'll go and take some pictures now.... :)

Olaf

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Primulina 'Deco'. Almost there...

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Saintpaulia 'Lucky Ladybug'. First flower.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Kohleria 'Peppermint'. This one just keeps blooming and blooming...

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Kohleria 'Peridots Potlach'. My "Old Reliable".

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Sinningia cardinalis. One classic Sinningia and one of my favorite species.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Sinningia bullata. Wonderful and easy plant.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Sinningia 'Country Tiger' x self. Putting on a little show.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Sinningia 'Country Bumpkin' x 'HCY's Fairy Weather'. My favorite one of the seedlings.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh my goodness. Olaf, you are turning me into a sinningiaholic. They are all so adorable.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Hey Eileen!

That's the plan... LOL

Montgomery, AL

Awesome pictures. Here's Sinningia 'Snowbird' to remind us that Spring's not here quite yet.

Thumbnail by jamiew
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

jamiew, that's one spectacular sinningia. I've added it to my list.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Is DG running slow for anyone else today?

Here is a bloom I found on my E. Jim's Canadian Sunset today . . .

Thumbnail by Syrumani
Columbus, OH

Slowish for me, from time to time, but fine now. I love the spotted blooms on that plant, I've been trying to get some blooms pollinated, to see if the seedlings have spotted blooms as well.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Surimani, what is the E.? Is that Epicia or Eucodonia? I love the pretty spotted pink bloom.

Columbus, OH

Episcia. I have three of these started for the round robin :)

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Great pictures everyone!

Lynn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.