February 2012- Cold or Warm?

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Tornado hit in Pittsburg, KS, Lamar, MO and Cassville, MO.... Pittsburg hit pretty hard on business and motel...

Cassville hit moblie home and 1 dead...

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Yes, those storms really took a toll ! Prayers for everyone there.

If anyone is interested in the St. Patricks Day Swap, sign ups end March 2 @ 11:59 a.m. Would love to have you join us!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243603/#new

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Definitely in like a lamb here! March comes in like one and I hope it goes out like one! Altho, I'm not setting out my houseplants for a while, a long while! All it takes is one cool night of 29° or so and WHAM, that's all she wrote! I think they said it got up to 73° today however. I was in t-shirt when I was on the side of the highway getting landscaping rocks (fallen) this afternoon!
From what they say, 70's are going to be a somewhat regular thing around here this coming week, altho, that could still change I guess.

Yeah, I think I'd need stairs to get up and into a dumpster now, my stuff isn't what it used to be! Altho, a dumpster full of good stuff is kinda motivating, I bet you could do it, billyp!
You know, the secret to good dumpster diving is pulling your car close so you can step on the bumper or the car if you need to!

Thanks for the invite, Crit. Maybe I'll let a houseplant's starts get of good size for a swap someday. Yesterday I cut off the "babies" off my big, glorious, Spider Plant and I'm gonna try to make 3 new Spider Plants. I Googled how to do it, so hope it turns out to be the right way, if not, Picket Fence Nursery in Iowa has some explaining to do! They had a couple of good how-to videos on how to do it. I also potted up 5 more Wandering Jews from 15 or 20 cuttings. Wandering Jews aren't picky, I expect some nice plants from those in a few weeks. Back to the Spider Plant that I am starting from cuttings, I realized something very important this time, there is a little cluster of roots on the babies that you want to bury in soil, I didn't realize that until now. Ironically, Picket Fence Nursery also had a good how-to video on Wandering Jews just like mine.
Will

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Rusty,
It's just awful that the tornados go thru town. I watched the Illinois Mayor talk yesterday and he felt for his community. It must be a fairly small town so that people get to know each other. it's sad.

Will, I'm not tempted to bring any plants out yet either.
Depends. One of my many mottos is 'if there's a will, there's a way" :o) I can see a car bumper would be a better leg up.
Spider plants are sooo easy to root in water!

It's Friday and we get the boys. Busy busy. Yesterday it was nice, but not balmy. I picked up the sticks that fell out of the trees and looked at my flower beds, imagining what I'll do first :o).

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I have started many a spider plant by just plucking the babies with roots and sticking them into good soil and water. To me, they are as easy to root as wandering jew. Good luck with them!

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Thread closed, go here please. -

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/region_lmw/all/#new

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This might work better.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1244852/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.