Snow Aftermath

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Thought we could all share photos of whatever your winter storm left for you... This is our creek-fed pond. All of the water beyond the leaning fencepost about middle right is not supposed to be there (the old fence line is on the far side of the creek). The secondary pond in the upper right is in fact our road to our back woodlot - currently underwater. Squishy. And still melting, so we're not done yet.

Thumbnail by bonehead
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I am happy to report no damage and no "lights-out". Love that area on your property.

I finally downloaded all the pics and I had 104. Wow how did that happen. Will start the new thread after lunch.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

This is the gravel road from our house to the main arterial. Had to walk down to get anywhere that day!

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

Another view. We were luckier than some....got power back in the middle of the night on Saturday.

Taken this morning.....the side of the road. Clean-up will take a long time!

Lake Stevens, WA

Wow, what a mess. Where was your car? In picture 2 is that the road between you and Julie? Does this happen often or just because of all the wet snow. The wind storms must do the same thing? Such a beautiful area. Do you run a chain saw, thats one tool I don't use.
Come on spring!

The car was safe in the garage! We walked down and rode in that day with son Ward who lives close to the main road. We are lucky enough to have really good (and willing) neighbors who actually had the road passable by the time we got home that evening, using chain saws and tractors.

No, I don't do chain saws but Julie has a small one that will do a bit of the work. We are going to have to impose on willing (or maybe not-so willing) guys in our life to help with the big suff. Figure it will take at least all summer.......

(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA(Zone 8a)

The neighbor's rotten fell perfectly in our yard ..no damage....couldn't have been better! Except for a few perennial and rhodies which are still under the tree!

This message was edited Jan 29, 2012 1:24 PM

Thumbnail by Azorina
(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA(Zone 8a)

Back of the bamboo forest..not so good

Thumbnail by Azorina
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Well you will have lots of stakes for the perennial beds. (sp)

Lake Stevens, WA

You were lucky with that tree! Still a mess.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.