Have you placed an order(s) with a Canadian on-line nursery?

Calgary, Canada

Nice large roots!
I am watching for Krinkled White.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

That Krinkled White is one of the largest peony roots I have ever seen.

Go Canada! Parkland and Pickering.

All of my bulbs have now arrived. I have been putting in a couple of peonies a day. I find that I do a better job if I dig the hole one day and plant the next. Th fatigue of digging sometimes results in insufficient depth. I actually ended up alternating Festiva Maxima (I ordered three) and Cornelia Shaylor (I ordered two). That was not my original intention, but I ordered peonies from two companies and got a replacement for the third. These peonies are near two rose Gruss an Aachen, alchemilla mollis and Abelia Pinky Bells. Next I am adding chionodoxa, alliums, and perhaps some of the tulips I ordered, which are all red, white and pink, multiflowering and double.

Wow, this is fun!

Calgary, Canada

I do that too---dig the hole the one day, so I make it deeper just before planting.
Most of my orders have come, so this will be a busy week.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

I must show you the ridiculous quality of my peonies from Perennial. Planted in the fall of 2013.

Three Festiva Maxima - all true to name. My very first peonies were three FM from White Flower Farm - well, that was the order. I got 1 FM, a Kansas and Ann Cousins.

These are the three different Festivas.

And between them, 2 Cornelia Shaylor.

In picture four, it's om the right. Picture 5 is the second Cornelia.

I alternated them. FM/CS/FM/CS/FM. I have ordered from some of best regarded American companies, and NEVER have I received all true to name peonies that could be identified the first year after bloom and look like this on the second.

Hail Canada!

Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.