My Bob got his knee replaced 1/6/12

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Well, he finally went & done it, got his knee replaced last Friday at Penn State Hershey Medical Center. I took him home today 1/8/12. The pain is much better now since he is on pain killers. He didn't get a blood clot during the operation and that's a big whew from me. He is on blood thinners and on Tuesday, he will start physical therapy. Lookin good. Buttoneer

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

So glad all went well and he is back home with you. Make sure he keeps up with his PT if you can. I know several people that are doing great with their replacements. You really have to do the PT to get a good result.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Yay, glad to hear that its going well.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I second everything Holly said. PT and sticking to it is the main "Job".
it is hard--when you have to do them on your own at home after your out-patient
PT is over with--but you have to!!!!

I KNOW--both my knees are replaced....(2004 and 2007) and I tried to stick to it--even when I did not
feel like doing it...

Buttoneer--please tell Bob that the Excruciating pain he had before the Knee replacement
will be gone and the temorary "pain" of healing from the surgery is minimal
in comparison.

Also--what I liked is that there were no specific restrictions of I could or could not do.
That made recovery more a "state of mind"--and in my case--
If I did not mind---it did not matter.....MY MOTTO IN LIFE...

Good luck, Bob---Gita

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hope you and Bob are both doing well and that his recovery is going great!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks everybody for the good comments. Took Bob today to New Oxford to the Mason Dixon Gold Prospectors club meeting. It was fun but a bit too much for Bob so took him home where I made him lunch, he napped & I took him out to supper. He'll sleep like a log tonite!

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
cambridge md, MD(Zone 7a)

Good luck and get well soon.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is a pix of his swollen knee with the staples still in. He got the staples removed this morning, doesn't have to wear those compression stockings & can go back to his regular meds. He is now using a rollator walker and sometimes a cane, so he is progressing along. Judy.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

*ouch!* I am so not clicking on that photo!

Bob, keep up the good work & progress! Hoping to see you & Judy next month. *hugs* & prayers for a quick recovery!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

So glad that he is progressing well. I think I prefer the earlier photo you posted! I'm sure he's happy to be over that initial week after surgery.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.