Food Network Special Tonight

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Please watch the Food Network special,"The Big Waste," tonight at 9pm CST.

I believe what started out as just a friendly little competition to "let's see what a network chef can do with discarded restaurant food" turned into an expose' of yet more cases of perfectly good food being buried in the landfills of a hungry America.

I already know it's going to be unconscionable, just by the previews.

Where is my Brother Martin when I need him to rally this country to join forces and put an end to our excessive wastefulness, from the gold-plated toilet seats on down to those landfills full of perfectly good food. Especially with all the families in need in this country. "Enough is enough!"

Sorry, ya'll. I'm already mad about this waste...

Try to catch it, and maybe we can begin a dialogue that someone in a position to effect change might listen to.

Linda

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

Gymgirl - we don't have cable TV.

It would take at least a year for us to fill the roll-out garbage can supplied to us by Charlotte. We don't waste anything!

When we lived in South Florida, there was an extra charge for a 2nd garbage can. Our neighbors would fill ours because we always had so little in it!

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Good for you Honeybee!

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

No cable or satellite here either. I agree that food should not be wasted. We do not.

Omaha, NE(Zone 5b)

I recorded it (DVR here) to watch tomorrow or Tuesday.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Being from Bama and a lifelong Alabama fan and graduate, you know what I was watching last night, but I agree...there is entirely too much food wasted. I also cringed and was thoroughly disgusted when I read about the bridal shop that spray painted thousands of dollars worth of wedding dresses so they couldn't be worn. Sorry to be off-topic, but these things are just sick.

Omaha, NE(Zone 5b)

I watched the LSU/Alabama game too, but recorded the program and watched it later. I'm sure they'll run it again. What astonished me wasn't just the waste, but the amazing creations the four chefs came up with using it.

(Congratulations to the Crimson Tide!) (But we won't have a true national championship system untill we have legitimate playoffs so we can actually see how far teams like Boise State can truly go.) (Do you realize there are now 38 college bowl games? Don't get me started . . . )

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.