Spring UK Plant Swap

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Hi there!

following on from the previous thread http://davesgarden.com/showthread/121956.html here is the thread where people can express their interest in a Spring Plant Swap. Shall we make it a surprise swap? or say 5 plants for 5 plants swap. we could put all the names in a hat and pull them out in pairs for swaps.. any more ideas, let me know on this thread.

lil

Birmingham, United Kingdom

I would like to take part in this.I favour a 'Mystery Plant Swap', but with a minimum of say 3 plants.Could include divisions, rooted cuttings etc. I know I would really enjoy making up a box of 'treasures' for someone else and can't wait to do it.
Marigold.

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi Lilith

I,d love to join in, I have a side drive groaning with plants that I,ve grown too many of and can,t fit in anywhere, I,m hoping to persuede hubby to extend central flower bed !!!!! but I don,t hold out much hopes .:-{

come on, there must be loads of other people who'd like to join in. when do you think i should make the closing date?
if there will be one..

sue and marigold, send me your addresses and i'll keep a master list together.

lil

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

I posted a reply but it must not have arrived, yes what a brilliant idea, put me down.

Sorry Ladies my soil and garden situation is too difficult to cope with a mystery swap. I have to research every plant before it gets considered a place and I have far too many pots already. I do however have plants to trade and not all are listed on my trade page if anyone should be looking for anything in particular.

just thought i'd bring this back up to the top in case any new arrivals wanted to join in. the more the better :) let me know by email if you'd like to join in. i'm sure european members could join in too

lil

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I would take part provided the plants aren't the same old s*** that everyone swaps.!!

what if i swapped a nice hardy geranium for a really common annual. how fair would that be?

I think there should be categories like
annual for annual
perennial for perennial
bulb for bulb
unusual plant for unusual plant

Mark

This message was edited Wednesday, Dec 19th 4:17 AM

sounds like a good idea, mark. that makes it a bit fairer.

just bringing this up to the top to see if there was any more interest. i'll be hoping to start this next month (if there are still people interested). let me know.

lil
:)

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Hi Lilith, yes, I'm a new arrival - can you include me please?
:)

Warkworth, Northumbe, United Kingdom

Hi Lilith Include me in the fun
Carol

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Yes still interested.

Birmingham, United Kingdom

Yes, still interested.Would enjoy a 'mystery plant swap'.Can fill a shoe box with 'goodies' for someone.
Marigold.

shall we make it 'pairs' of people swap.. i mean all the names go in a hat, and pairs are drawn out and those people swap with each other, say 5 for 5, all mixed? what mark said above seems fair too:

'I think there should be categories like
annual for annual
perennial for perennial
bulb for bulb
unusual plant for unusual plant '

let me know what you all think is best.

lil

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi Lilith, am I still on your original list for the swop. as I'm still interested,
Just a query though, how is the best way to post plants, I sometimes see them as bare rooted, are they o.k. like that ?I'm never sure when posting plants the best way to doit.It's not too bad if the post gets there quickly, but if they get delayed, could they die? I'd hate to post something to someone and arrive in a bad state.

Sue

i ususally wrap mine in moist paper towels or toilet roll to keep them moist, if they arrived late they'll prob be ok this time of year, as it's still pretty cold. i'll get a copy of the original list up in the next few days. (i'll have to find it first!)

lil

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

still cold LOL we were basking in 16c yesterday.

Mark

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Hard frost here this morning! Bbrrrr. Now lovely sunshine though

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.