Camptosema grandiflora

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

C. grandiflora is blooming now. Flowering lasts about a month or so, starting a few weeks before Christmas. Nice color to see at Christmas.

David

Thumbnail by popper1
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow that is beautiful!!!!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

David, yours is a LOT prettier than mine! Mine has crapped out for the year. Is yours in the ground?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

yes, its been in the ground for three years. It does not like frost be will come back from the roots, bigger and better each year.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

This comes back from the roots???? Hmmmmm might just need to give this one a try.

David, are you in zone 9? I'm in 8B.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow, if I didn't already have a bunch of BIG vines I'd give this one a go, as it is we are big vine'ed out here. T. grandiflora is 30 ft plus in the air, and I had to cut a few of the vines to calm it down...( I was literally crying doing it, but don't want it to kill the Oak tree it was growing up.)

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm in 9B/but a10A microclimate in my yard most years. I would think with mulch it would come back with no problems. It is supposed to be pretty cold hardy considering it comes from Brazil.

Dave, I don't think I will risk it - the cost tells me I wouldn't replace it if I lost it.

Martha, if you decide you want a cutting of this one, just let me know!

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Oh wow,what a beautiful vine!

Jan

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Beautiful!!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

Found out this plant is self fertile! Got about six pods from it, some of the seeds are already growing. A nice sursprise!

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

Popper1 is this a full sun vine or a part-shade kinda thing?
I am looking for some vines that are a bit on the unusual side and this would fit the bill if it will tolerate full sun.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

That is awesome that you got seeds!!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

yep, and I got three seedlings to grow!

Mulberry, FL

Popper1 I have snail vine seedlings or rooted cutting of Hawaiian sunset vine I love vines with color I do not live from from you either. Please Dmail me if you are interested thanks ...Dana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.