What a gardener is thankful for...

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 108 votes:

Friends and family, who understand my need to garden.
(27 votes, 25%)
Red dot

My DG family who are great enablers!
(19 votes, 17%)
Red dot

My health, so I can continue to garden.
(41 votes, 37%)
Red dot

My green thumb.
(5 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Other (tell us!)
(16 votes, 14%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Other: All of the above!^_^

Madison, WI

The beauty of this amazing world...in spite of wars and horror created by human beings, we're also capable of helping it to be more beautiful for all of us to enjoy and celebrate.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I voted 'my health, so I can continue to garden.'

However, I am eternally grateful to my wonderful husband, who never minds me spending entire weekends outside, so long as I don't complain about him being a man-cave troll. :) It works out well.

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

All of the above, plus I live where I can get outside any time the weather is fit. Luciee (:^)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

So thankful for good health!! ^_^

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I voted My DG family. I've met some of the best people in the world & my garden is alive with plants DG members have so graciously gave to me in swaps & trades.
Happy Holidays!
Bernie

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Other - All of the above, plus as my 'neighbor' in Hanceville said, living in a part of the country that allows me to garden (and play) outside most of the year!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Other: all of the above.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Other: plants!

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

I voted friends and family, but really all of them apply.

Calgary, Canada

My vote for "other" means "all of the above".

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! ^_^

Hardinsburg, KY

I voted My Health because I had Polio as a child and still have bad flare ups. I love beautiful flowers and can't imagine not having any. I'll garden as long as I can and hopefully my granddaughter will continue to help, "She loves to garden too"

Thumbnail by jmoorebub
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

voted other for ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Other: All the above.

And just the opposite of what TexasTam said. My wife is the one in front of the TV and I'm the one outside all the time!!!

Doug

This message was edited Nov 22, 2011 1:08 PM

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Other = All of the above!

For those who understand what a stress reliever it is, my little slice of heaven, all the wonderful people I've met here and greats plants & seeds we've exchanged, my back for tolerating my 15-18 hours in the garden a day on weekends, my luck growing "freaks of nature".

Happy Thanksgiving!

Milwaukee, WI

voted others wich means all of the above but want to add nieghbors in there because I am lucky enough to have great nieghbors who I enjoy and also appreciate my gardens. Also beginning to appreciate time more never seems to be enough. Happy Thanksgiving all.

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

voted for green thumb, so that i am able to grow those fruits and veggies and be somewhat self sufficient

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

I didn't click on any button because I am voting for all the above. Most of all I enjoy raising my own veggies and know how they were grown.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Other: All of the above.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Actually, I do believe that the gardening is responsible for my continued good health. Besides a great stress reliever, gardening provides plenty of healthy eats and exercise. I'm thankful that I enjoy gardening so much!

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Another "all of the above" here!

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

I voted for my green thumb. It has rarely failed me during the 59 years I've been growing my own vegetables.

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Other-- I too am grateful for everythig on the list!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I also voted "other" because all of the choices are things I'm thankful for!

Shangshui, Henan, China(Zone 7b)

And I am thankful for DG family. Almost ten years of my being in DG has passed before I realized it. These years my plant knowledge and my yarden are always growing along with DG.
Jianhua

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

I voted for the tolerance and support of my family, none of whom garden, but all of whom understand my need to be in the dirt with my plants, grubs, etc.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

This one really needed an "all of the above" option.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.