Not up to much

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

It's getting darker everyday - down under 11 hours of daylight now and I've started sitting by my "light" every morning to see if I can fight off the blues.

If I don't post alot, don't worry - I'm lurking and checking in, I'll try to make a comment or two, but it all just feels like a bit too much right now.

I'll be around
Kathleen

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi, Kathleen,
I have struggled with SAD for most of my life, and I know just what you're dealing with. I wish you the very best, and encourage you to indulge yourself. Make some spicy tea, turn on every light in the house, bake something that makes it smell heavenly all over the house, eat picnic foods and pretend it's summer, listen to whatever music is soothing, sleep a little longer. And don't feel like you need to apologize. I've noticed that on close inspection, we all seem to have our bag of rocks to carry. Oh, and get someone to cuddle you!

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

Depression is a terrible thing. I deal with everyday too! I have found that if I can jsut force and sometimes I mean really force myself to get into the yard it helps. Regardless of the pain factor if all I do is ride the riding mowyer or tractor doing something it always seems to help.Don't feel like you have to apologize to anyone. Here at daves we are all helping each other. This site especially this forum has helped me thru many a sad day. Just hang in there and take each day one at a time. We all understain and are right there with you. Janet

This message was edited Friday, Apr 5th 3:52 PM

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Hope this day is better for everyone. I see winter in the air and hear it in the rustling leaves. But I know if I love Ill see spring on the other side so I can stand it somehow. I actually love winter but my bones dont anymore.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I love the hush of winter, especially when there's been a heavy snow and everything, including sound, seems blanketed and still. I love seeing cardinals on snow-covered, bare tree branches and in the fir tree. But I don't like the chill, either!

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

One of my favorite things, in the past, was to go out walking in the cold stillness after a storm. I even have some very cheap snowshoes, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to do that this year. Maybe with enough layers...
they could tip me over and just roll me around...

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Like Randy in the movie "A Christmas Story" ...
http://clark.colgate.edu/doslander/christmas.htm
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~cpbrown/xmastory.htm

"I can't put my arms down!"

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

LOL - that's exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that!!

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi all the cold of winter seems to seep right into my bones and stay there till June. The wind here for about 20 hours was really high. Snow today they are calling for so life is changing again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.