Happy Birthday GreenThumb

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hope you have a great day.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday, David. Hope you enjoy all the plants you got today!

Thumbnail by ecnalg
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

David----

Happy---Happy Birthday to you. So sweet of your wife to post well wishes also....

What picture could I post for you???????? Hmmmmmmmm.....Bet you have seen them all!

How about one from my trip to Latvia in 2006. Flowers are EVERYWHERE there!!!! On every street corner.

This was a bouquet of asst. colors of Yarrow sold on the street outside the National Cemetery in Riga (the capital).
Street vendors sell flowers all over the place in Riga.
No one would ever go into a cemetery and NOT put flowers on a beloved one's grave.
I still do not know how they made this??? It looked like it just grew this way...but it did not....
It is still a mystery to me.......

Enjoy! Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Yes, Happy Birthday to a fellow October baby!

I got four ferns for my B'Day and actually thought of your swap request as I planted them!

So, do tell all on your plant haul, David.

My photos aren't working but maybe you'll enjoy this lol.

Thumbnail by coleup
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes! Coleup, I did indeed get a plant haul. I went to Grasshopper Perenials in rural Frederick Coiunty (MD) and found that their gallon perennials were on sale at 2 for $5! Wow, what a deal! Came away with foxgloves, ferns, heucheras, Jacob's ladders, tiarellas, phloxs and a whole lot more. If we had much full sun in our yard I would have had to return with a U-haul and gone without groceries next week. Hope everyone is enjoying the fall.

greenthumb99

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

A belated happy birthday, Dave!!! It seems you have had a good one with a successful shopping trip. What can be better than plants for a gardener!!!

Thumbnail by donnerville
Crozet, VA

I am a bit late with my birthdy wishes to you too David. Yes, I understand the gardener in you who would go without eating if there were a great plant I felt I needed to purchase. Thankfully that hasn't happened and I am totally satisfied with staying away from stores and nurseries and mainly relying on the goodness and graciousness of my fellow plant swappers here.

On a side note, I will be going to Home Depot this morning looking for a Purple Passion house plant.

Ruby

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday, David! I'm sorry I didn't know to wish you Happy Birthday when you called to tell me about the great prices at Grasshopper.

Happy Birthday!!!

Let me know the next time you're up this way... I'll take you to lunch (Pat too! I can't promise oysters this time, but we could check with May's).

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Oh crud, I Way missed this! Glad it was happy, what a score on plants! Something from my Wild folder for you of course

Thumbnail by sallyg

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.