Happy birthday Coleup

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I wasn't on line earlier and almost missed it!

Hope you had a great b-day!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by flowAjen
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Dear Jen, how wonderful to wake up to your message!

One of the first people I noticed when I came to DG was you , because you seemed to remember everyone's BDay. How sweet I thought and so you have remained a favorite of mine. Though we don't chat much we seem to be on the same wave length...I love the way you span both the NE and MA forums, too.

I think I was born at the best time of year brilliant blue skies and riotous colors...harvest time, harvest moon..and not too hot or not too cold, but just right weather.

Went to our farmers market yesterday and splurged on a double dark chocolate pumpkin/banana bread and I dipped it in fresh yogurt. Was gifted almost a half bushel of assorted heirloom tomato 'seconds' that should make one heck of a flavorful sauce. Also ordered my free range turkey!

I miss my grandkids ( 5 mos and 5yrs) and would have loved to jump in a few piles of leaves or go apple picking. A plan for next year!

Speaking of leaves, any of you remember the great sound of Elm leaves when you walked through them? Miss those good old trees, too.

Again, thanks for the wishes Jen!

Judy

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

You're welcome!☺

Sounds like you had a great day!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh I'm just a little late but the wish is just as good. Happy Happy!

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Me too! I am late....I never check the B-Days list on my Home page....

Judy--I loved your post just above....So sentimental!

Hope you will join us one of these days for a Swap....

Gita

(Coleus cuttings from last December----)

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

And another belated birthday wish. Hope you had a good day.

Thumbnail by ecnalg
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Oh Holly, thanks. That water lily is gorgeous! Is it from one of your trips? Please say 'hi' to ric. I hope his ribs are mended and soon he'll report in on greenhouse improvements and tinkerings. Also, his comment about the Birds of Mid Atlantis were not lost on me...google same and find out about "Honkers" and giant eagles! Is your Lowes closing?

Gita, Gita, Gita....Thanks for stopping by to wish me well. I know you are prepping for eye surgery soon so right back at you! Wish I lived a bit closer...I'd come over and do some lifting and bending for you! You could daintily direct me and then we could talk coleus while listening to Neil Diamond! Sentimental is a good thing.

And, thanks ecnalg. I bet Lucketts is quite glorious in the Fall...sure has some beautiful people there! Probably has one of those small slow country roads where the trees over-arch creating a vibrant canopy where one can bathe in golden light and emerge renewed and glowing.

Golden light to us all. Judy

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Coleup the water liliy is in one of my ponds. I picked up several TWL late in the season at a great discount from Texas Water Lilies and they have been blooming beautifully for me. I am going to try to over winter them. I haven't had the Tropical variety before. Our Lowes is doing well, but I am not there any more. It was only to be a seasonal Temp job and I turned in my resignation a few weeks before we started traveling. The GH is great the structure is finished. We still need heater, fans, benches and such but that won't come till next year.

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

I am more than a little late, Judy! Hope you have had a wonderful birthday! Enjoy the beautiful season!!!

Thumbnail by donnerville
Crozet, VA

I too am a little more than late it seems. Yep, October is a great month to be born. Hope the upcoming year will be one of your very best Judy.

Ruby

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Hey you two early risers, thanks for the wishes! Are you an October baby, too, Ruby?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hudy--

I found the picture I wanted to send you with my B-Day wishes...So--here is aanother wish...

This was taken in Oct. 2008 when I was pulling up all the Coleus. The leaves were so pretty,
I decided to do an arrangement before I did them in.

SO! Ta--Dah!!! Just for you!!!! Maybe you could print this out and frame it...

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Well, I'm unfashionably late in wishing you a Happy Birthday, I've been away a lot lately and feel really out of touch. I agree as a fellow Libra that October is an excellent month to be born in. The colors, the comfort, the fall plant sales....Hope you had a good one, sounds like you did.

David

Crozet, VA

Yes Coleup, I will wake up a year older on Tuesday, the 25th. Don't quite make it as a Libra with you others. I agree David, October is a good time to be born.

Ruby

Crozet, VA

Alright, just had to scroll through to make sure I had wished the gal a happy one. I see I did, so all is good.

Ruby

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I'm horribly late!
How did it fly by me? I guess I don't scroll down far enough at times...

Should I go early Bday wishes for next year? ; ^)

Thumbnail by sallyg
Crozet, VA

hahaha Sally, about March of this year I received a Christmas card from a friend in North Carolina. She noted on it that she bet she was the earliest card I got this year. I got a good laugh out of it.

You know the old saying....better late than never.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.