Thumbnail by jamiew
Montgomery, AL

Optimara Little Amethyst

Thumbnail by jamiew
Montgomery, AL

Here's Booman with a first bloom.

Thumbnail by jamiew
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks for posting the pics, Jamie. I had to cut off all the blooms except the cute little flower on Booman. The were crushed. All are dusted off and sitting in a tray.

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Gorgeous Jamie! Are those your show entries?

Lynn

Montgomery, AL

The first three were entered last year. I had 46 entries. I don't know if I'll ever do that again. What about everyone else, what's the most you've entered in one show?

They must have won ribbons! I don't enter shows.

Lynn

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Wow! 46 entries? I've seen shows that had fewer entries altogether...

I don't show either but if I was going to, it would be one entry or maybe two...

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Yeah, some day we'll be very proud we could chat with famous Jamie! lol

Montgomery, AL

Ha, ha. My poor local chapter can't have a show this year. We're going to do a sale, which should still be lots of fun. I'll have to attempt to enter my regional Dixie A.V. show and see if I can get a blue ribbon there. I love looking at show pictures on U-tube, especially the ones in China- their A.V.s are HUGE!!!

Ocean Springs, MS

I received 4 beautiful AV's from Earle! Absolutely beautiful! Huge plants - one with unusual "curly" leaves. All are adapting to their new home. Thank you, Earle, for being so generous and sending such awesome plants.

I'm sorry to say that it may be next week before I can send my prize. Having trouble with my 13-year-old failing 3 classes at school. He lives with his dad and there is not much structure in the home. So, I am spending a lot of time trying to keep on top of him. Also, my mom was admitted to the hospital today- atrial fib and very high blood pressure 190/130. They kept her and her blood pressure was dropping and her heart rate had stabilized when I came home earlier.

Thank you all for a great game love, julie

Sanbornton, NH

Hi Julie,

I am happy to hear the plants arrived in good order. The plant with the curly leaves is Shiawasee Trail. It is a trailing AV with 'girl' foliage and a blue and white flower. Enjoy.

Earle

Julie,
I sure hope everything gets better for you soon.

Lynn

I just received my prize from Jan.Thank you sweetie ^_^.

Hmmm,wonder what I'll spend it on LOL.

Lynn

Ocean Springs, MS

I am so sorry. My mom is still in the hospital. She is continuing to experience atrial fib daily. The docs have switched her meds and still trying to get her stabilized. Between her, taking care of her plants and animals, and my own things, I barely have time to breath. Mom is in good spirits; really wants to come home. But they have to get things stabilized before they will release her. I hate her having atrial fib. Last year, we had quite a scare when she had one and her heart rate dropped so low it would set off the monitors. Don't want that to happen again.

I am slowly getting things organized. Will get my prize out on Monday. love to all, julieanne

Ocean Springs, MS

I am so sorry that I have been MIA! Had a 2-week trip up North and could not get an Internet connection. Want to send the prize to dispatcher, but is it too cold. Oh, I'll dmail her and ask!

Happy Holidays!
love, julieanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.