September 28th, 2011: Dwarf Nasturtium 'Peach Melba' (Tropaeolum majus) by kniph

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

The Bloom of the Day for September 28th, 2011 was Dwarf Nasturtium 'Peach Melba' (Tropaeolum majus).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2011-09-28

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Beautiful shot, clear and crisp and I Love the bright colors in these!

Yucaipa, CA(Zone 10a)

Calif_Sue: Thanks for posting such a pretty flower and it's description. During the summer months, I was down in a town called Redlands, CA and stumbled upon an area of nasturtiums that were planted in a parking lot area in that town. I took several photos of these flowers since there were so many varied colors. I knew they were nasturtiums since I'm familiar with the look of the plant leaf and the blooms in general. One of the photos that I took of these flowers looks almost identical to yours, with regard to placement of the bloom and the color itself. There were so many different varieties of colors. I took as many photos as I could. I want to share one of the photos that I took with you of my "nasturtiums." I hope you like the photo. I have so many nice ones, it's hard to pick just one.

Thumbnail by Fleur_2011
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

great shots.. love the colors!!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Great photo and color combination.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Eyepopping!! Love 'em!

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Gorgeous shot Fleur_2011! They are such cheerful easy to grow blooms.
I did not take the picture though, just selected it for the Bloom of the Day. It was taken by kniphofia.

Yucaipa, CA(Zone 10a)

To all of you that left comments about my "nasturtium" flower that I posted. Maybe I should consider that one for framing. Everyone have a nice week!

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

I would if I were you! It will bring cheer wherever you display it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.