GROWING A GREENER WORLD

Montpelier, VT

Rarely get on to chat, but devour all the NE gardening dreamers of spring, and anything written that is totally organic & green. So enjoyed all related in last 3 months entries. From a tiny city apt. in the smallest Capitol in US, Montpelier, VT. my folks bought an old farmhouse when I was 13, w/a long empty silver bleached old barn w/out animals for yrs. & w/a great ole pig-pen & ancient manure in the barn. It was heaven that my young Dad learned what to mix thru his Dad & grandfather and so many generations where chemical of great growing never existed.

Near age 40 into tiny gardening at home with first tidy row of Marigolds & Salvia in front of a ranch fence (what a joke!) Then on & on, but more knowlege w/many gardening mag. subs., etc. & gardens pretty neat both home & camp where the veggies & fruit trees ~ BUT in transformation of living late Sept. to late June at home (to get those massive perennials up & going) and same at camp w/weekend trips after the snow goes, & at camp all summer - weekday trips to home to bring in recycables, I'm finding at my age working what I love most is getting kinda tuff, as some plants suffering if I'm not in the right place at the right time. (Which breaks my heart that I shoulda' had a gardening twin!! Near age 75 now, gonna' hafta give up something!!)

However, current Christmas gift from my son (we planned for 5 yrs. but never got to it) is we are both signed up for the February start of taking the (VT) UVM extension course to see if we have 'previous gardening smarts' to pass the Master Garden's course/Certificate now being held all over the state via TV or hometown. Ours is one personal hometown chosen beginning early Feb. & we are so excited! Now if I could only win a small lottery to offer enough young "studs" to sweat a few hours both at home & camp ..... and get my computer brainy nephew back to VT to figure out what camera to buy and how to upload to Dave's garden, all the beautiful plants in my garden to share with all those most of you can do in this new techie world of communication.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

That sounds exciting. Best wishes on your course and happy gardening.

Thomaston, CT

Good luck with your course! And it's very easy to download photos....I'm not a techie, but even I can do it!

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Episodes for 2011 have ended here is a recap of this year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6hkHXdk5IU You can also go to http://Growingagreenerworld.com at any time and review Season 2 as well as season 1 and when season 3 becomes available it will be there to.

With this post I will stop posting new episodes until next year. You can all set up your links from the info supplied on this post.

Thumbnail by JWLW
Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Thanks to all who have followed this thread. wishing you all a prosperous new year.

Check out my latest post at Liza and John's Garden http://www.jwlwgardens.com/?p=4881

See you all next year with new episodes.

This message was edited Jan 2, 2012 9:52 PM

Thumbnail by JWLW

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.