Neglected Meyer Lemon needs home.

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

I am usually pretty good with houseplants, but this poor Meyer Lemon is just too hard. I have had it for 2 1/2 years, and it got spidermites, then scale, and now it lost a lot of leaves and many of the branches died back. It still makes Lemons tho I can't eat them because I used poison. Even once I killed the pests, it blooms all the time, which you would think would be great, but the petals make a mess on the floor. Now I think I underwatered it, and it's headed for the recycling bin if nobody wants it. I live in Lake Stevens, work Seattle.

Thumbnail by Pistil
Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Springcolor lives in Lake Stevens.

Are you planning to come to our DG Roundup gathering at our home, next Sat, Sept 24? You will have a great time. See the thread for details, or email me.

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Sorry I can't make it next weekend. I am planning to get together with Springcolor, maybe she wants it.

Seattle, WA

I hope this story had a happy ending. I was just in Lake Stevens today! My friend has been wanting a Meyer Lemon for ages, but I kind of talked her out of it, as I suspected it might be finicky. Martha Stewart loves these, but probably has a special orangerie to house them at Turkey Hill or The Hamptons! Has anyone had GOOD luck with a Meyer Lemon, or citrus in general?? I grew up in citrus country, which was plenty chilly in winter, but sun-baked in the very long summers.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I had a house plant grapefruit tree that my dad planted form a seed, It got to be about 3 feet tall and was in a 3 gallon pot. This was in Chicago with no particular special treatment other than a sunny window for light. Of course, it wasn't expected to have any grapefruit, and I don't recall flowers, but the leaves were nice to look at.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.