Ode to my tomato garden 2011 Austin Texas

Austin, TX

I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way, no matter the state you live in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skb4Tpf3H94&feature=related

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL, much4doo. Yep, I do feel that way!

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

I add blood meal to my compost, which ultimately goes into the garden - perhaps that's why I get bumper crops!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

What a year weather-wise, eh? We had a nice, mild spring but summer is here with a vengence. I pulled the tomato plants about 6 weeks ago....everything was just plain ugly from its struggles. Come on fall! It'll be 113° here most of this week, humidity is down at 20% or so.

Loved the video, thanks for posting.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Muck-with the extreme and prolonged heat and drought that we are having there is nothing to be done, I'm afraid. I've had a decent crop up until a couple weeks ago. This is the first yr in my 20 hrs gardening in Tx that I have not gotten at least a few tomatoes a week. But when the overnight lows are in the 80s with humidity, what can we do except wait for the teems to cool down. Most of my spring plants are holding their own but all I can do is wait for the temps to drop. Tell me that it will cool off, please.

Austin, TX

Quote from 1lisac :
Muck-with the extreme and prolonged heat and drought that we are having there is nothing to be done, I'm afraid. I've had a decent crop up until a couple weeks ago. This is the first yr in my 20 hrs gardening in Tx that I have not gotten at least a few tomatoes a week. But when the overnight lows are in the 80s with humidity, what can we do except wait for the teems to cool down. Most of my spring plants are holding their own but all I can do is wait for the temps to drop. Tell me that it will cool off, please.

Today we tie the record for most 100+ degree days in a year. This is day 69.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, I know, please dont remind me : ( lol. Not only are we breaking a record BUT we are also under a heat advisory until at least Sat. so not only are the days 100+ degrees. The temps are way over 100 degrees.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.