Online seed trades list.

Because I refuse to pay the subscription charges for this forum (already complained to 'Dave') I would ask all repliees (in the dictionary?)to contact me at opuntia@btinternet.com for a response as I cannot access any other posts here.
Thanks

www.kernxotica.co.uk

This message was edited Tuesday, Oct 23rd 2:46 PM

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

impressive Lee, did you do it all yourself? I,m going more into the tender plants now, Have you been to plantworld down there in Devon? I get a lot of seeds from them, and I,d love to visit it. My sister,s just come back from the Eden project and said it was great.Even her hubby enjoyed it and he,s not into gardens at all !

I did produce the website from scratch, it has taken a lot of hard work and late nights!!
I have been to Plantworld near Newton Abbott, I used to get seed from them but they dont do many exotics.
I hope to visit Eden soon, but certainly recommend a trip to Tresco Abbey Gardens - fabulous!

Straide, Mayo, Ireland(Zone 9a)

Sueone
If you get to Plantworld , try to visit Dave Fenwick with his garden dedicated to African plants.. fabulous display in a small area .His excellent website is at www.theafricangarden.co.uk . He did a great job on my site too... www.frogswell.com . Didn't he have some input into setting your original site up too, Lee?
Jane

I know Dave.Yes he did help me set up the old Kernxotica site.
Has he been in touch?

No, why, is he ill/away?
Jane

No,just wondered.He has done you a nice website there!
Do you grow any exotics outdoors in Ireland?

Hmm, not many . My most exotic is probably Impatiens tinctoria ssp.tinctoria , flowering nicely now. The damp and lack of sun don't help, of course, but I am having a courtyard built at the south side of the house where I am intending to try some next summer.
Of course there are plenty of exotic plants down in the south west, at Glanleam on Valentia Island for example but it's a bit chillier up here...-13C last winter.

Later...I've just posted a photo of the Impatiens to the Photos Forum

Jane

This message was edited Tuesday, Oct 16th 3:18 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.