What's Still Flowering?

Birmingham, United Kingdom

Still lots of colour in the garden.These are still in flower:
Heleniums, Verbena Bonariensis, Bidens, Scabiosa Chile Black, Abutilon, Scutellaria, Toad Lilies, Lobelia Cardinalis, Morning Glories, Nastutriums and Canary Creeper.
That's how it is in 'Sunny Birmingham'.
What's still in flower where you are ?
Marigold.

Warkworth, Northumbe, United Kingdom

My rudbeckias, this is the first time I have grown these and they are terrific. I'll be having these every year from now on. Also the Hardy Fushia is really nice. I hope it gets through the winter, I'm taking cuttings just in case the worst happens.

Fuchsias, Verbena x hybrida, marigolds, toadlillies, snapdragons, green rose, salvias, eupatorium, lemon balm, feverfew, sunflowers, passionflowers, chrysanths, marshmallow, jerusalem artichokes, pansies, sedum, michaelmas daisy, shasta daisy, fox and cubs, red valarian, vetch, ladies bedstraw and a polyanthus has decided to flower again.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

in my garden some of my geranium collection - not pelargoniums - are still going strong, rudbeckias including 'Little Suzy', perennial sunflowers - various species, crocosmias, various South African daisies, Lobelias, asters, alstroemerias and marguerites.

thats about it.

Mark

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

i've got crocsmias, hypericum, a few field poppies, my stargazer lilies, roses of course and my pot marigolds are still cheering up the garden!

lil

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

I,m with you southmede in that I,d not grown rudbekias before either, until I got some in a trade, and they,ve done so well, still flowering strong.I,ll be planting them next year without a doubt.I,ve got loads of things flowering still cannas, glory vines,roses,anthirrinums,cosmos fuschias, lots of things have picked up since we,ve had the rain,it,s given it a new lease of life.What,s fox and cubs baa? never heard of it before.
Last year I had a chilean glory vine in flower on xmas day, on a north facing wall, in fact a lot of my plants seem to do better on my shady walls, I,d left my geraniums out in the pots there and they all survived the winter well.!

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Everything is still flowering especially the annuals such as bizzie lizzies and Lavatera silvercup, fuschias still going strong and the roses are either flowering again or have buds on them.We are going to have mild weather all week but have already put the bubble wrap up in the greenhouse and have fleece ready. Oh forgot the pelargoninms are full of flower including the trailing ones,and off course the nasturtiums are in there, when i plant my hanging baskets and other containers with ready plants i always put seeds of nasturtiums in so come august if the plants are in need of a haircut to help them flower again up pop the nasturtiums-i welcome them like an old and loved friend.

Sue

Fox and Cubs is Pilosella aurantiaca or maybe you know it as orange hawk weed. Its the brightest orange in the garden so its lucky the flowers are faily small. I love 'em they flower from late May often till end October but some people think they look weedy.

http://davesgarden.com/plants/showimage/1566/index.html

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Quite a few still. Nasturtiums, calendula, lavatera, cosmos, morning glory, rudbeckia, coreopsis, michaelmas daisies and asters. Have to do a tidy up soon.

When will it be our first frost?, cos i am still deadheading so i can have more flowers but i need to harvest some seed.Still i have collected lots of annual seeds so far when i am going about my work, people do not know about deadheading so i cadge some seed while i tell them what to do next year for longer flowering.

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Baa

I,ve got that one too ,I love it, people do ask me if it,s aweed? I tell them it,s a rere wild flower ! I haven,t heard that name before, it,s fairly rampant though, isn,t it !

FSH, TX

My Rudbeckia, Brugmansia, roses,...even geraniums are still blooming.

Good morning,thought I'd pop over and say"hello" This is the only way I'll leave the states,couldn't fly that far,lol' Our weather is unbelieveable for this time of year,nearly 80''s and the leaves are 2ft.deep,lol' My alpines,nicotiana,roses,marigolds,mums,snaps,coneflowers,nastys and sedums are still coming on and some are setting seed' We've had yo-yo temps,some set seed early and I quit dead heading too,lol' Had to water yesterday,no rain for weeks,can't remember the last one' Did have a cool snap 2 weeks ago and zapped the tomatoes/peppers/beans' Finished clearing out the garden this weekend' The houseplants are inside now and thriving also' Have a great day' Sis'

Well today has been our first cold one,only reached 10c here in NW England but what made it colder was the wind from the north, up til now we have been getting lovely warm winds from the south.Still lots flowering,the annuals especially the bizzie lizzies are flowering their heads off and the roses have got a lot of flowers still on them but wait until thursday then its going to get really cold, wish i could have followed the swallows to Northern Africa.

Hi Sheila,Burr,Thurs. our weather cools and rain,hopefully' Forgot what it looks like,lol' I've heard bizzie lizzies but actually don't know the given name or is that their real name??

bizzie lizzies are impatiens sis. it has been sooo cold here, surprised there's anything left flowering! it's gonna be 8 or 9c here again today, but the sun's shining at least..

lil

Are you all living in Lapland? (Hehehehe) Its still above 14C here during the day.

Fuchsias are still flowering as is the blackcurrant sage, Eupatorium rugosa, busy lizzies, Brachycombe, Bacopa, Nasturtiums, Toadlillies, Anemone 'Mount Everest', Diascia, Felicia, Feverfew, Anigozanthus, Centranthus, Vicia, Gallium, Rosa - Iceberg and viridiflora, Lotus and Chrysanths.

must be a lot warmer down south baa, it's freezing here! feels like lapland!

Well, Lil I guess it has a lot to do with being sheltered by the downs north of Winchester. We are very lucky cold wise but when it rains ..............

well, had snow yesterday and more snow this morning, it laid too, absolutely freezing!

lil

I went a wandering through Wiltshire and North Somerset yesterday and while it was chilly it didn't rain. I called in to see Mother on my way back and she reckoned they had a mini ice storm, I thought she meant hail but she said chips of ice fell not round hail stones.

Curious.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

well, a month later I have way too much in flower because it is so mild here right now. over the last few weeks it has hardly dropped below 10C/50F

my Alstroemerias are about to flower again as is my Osteospermum collection. my marguerites are looking better than they did in the summer. some geraniums are still in flower eg Rozanne and some pratense types. my asters are still looking good. perennial sunflowers are still blooming and the list goes on.

Mark

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.