Still Laughing For Joy #7

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

I think the hummingbirds left here today. They are on their way down to visit Katiebear. We will have a nighttime low of 34° tonight.
Speaking of what goes on behind green doors, Nadi just finished proofreading an erotic fantasy novel. She asked me if I had any brain bleach. :-) Oh well, it paid well and she has more money for medical test. She has more than sufficient keyboarding speed to do medical transcription and ask if I would teach her that. She swears she would rather type autopsy reports than do another job like the last. We will see. k*

Midland City, AL

It was one of those supernatural romance things that are the rage. I hope that fad burns itself out soon. I’m sorry. Obviously, some women think a vampire would be hot, but I’m not one of them. Who wants to kiss on something that has been dead a hundred years? Anyway, a vampire is basically an intelligent tick. The werewolves aren’t TOO bad, but the vampires make me nauseous. Nope, just doesn’t do anything for me. MAN, the lengths I go to for good health!!! Where is that brain bleach? lol. ~N~

Midland City, AL

Br-r-r. Fenny says she wants to fly down and visit Kb too. She woke me up trying to steal the extra blanket off my bed. We rearranged the office so the gas fireplace was centered on a wall instead of in the corner and they don't hook us back up to the tank until tomorrow. That dog hates the cold. I bought her a sweatshirt last winter but it was a little too tight for her. When I finish organizing the art and sewing stuff in the barn, I'm going to make my first project a pair of footie pajamas for Fenny. :-)

(Debra) Garland, TX

I want Fenny photos, then. :D

mulege, Mexico

It is still t-shirt weather here. I just got back from Ca. Seem to have lost a pair of large clippers that I bought for Tony. Think my brain got fried this summer.

hugs, kb

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

maybe brain bleach would help kb too? I'd like to try some, for one you can't get an idiotic song out of your head...

Commercial jingles are the worst. They must put brain glue on those.
I think a yellow flannel nightgown would be better for Fenny. I'm surprised Jim would want to put anyone in footie pajamas. He fell down the stairs when he was very little and broke his collar bone. He blamed the footie pajamas for his fall and refused to wear them afterwards. Of course, he also told us he had gotten out of bed just to get a glass of water. Yeah, right. The little brat was spying on his elders.
Vickie, I was just reading Carrie's most recent. Did you also have to grow up listening to adults telling you how hard they had it in those years? In my experience, the stories usually ended with a comment on how spoiled young people are now. I caught myself saying something like that not long ago. OMG, this is bad. I'm becoming my mother! I even believe what I'm saying. They do seem spoiled to me. I think I'm actually becoming old. Is there a cure? k*

(Debra) Garland, TX

Not old--aware and appreciative.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I want some Fenny photos too. My poor ole Dillen is in the doggy hospital. He got fluid on the flap of his ear(No ear infection) They had to operate and put a drainage tube in. He was just supposed to stay overnight but the drainage was so much,They're keeping him for the weekend.They don't know what caused it. No heartworms or tickfever.At least he's had a complete checkup. He's quiet and laid back but I really miss him. He kinda reassures me. When he starts barking I know there is something to bark at around.
Have been crocheting alot. Scooter decided it would be great fun to take a couple of skeins of yarn outside to play with. I collected the yarn and beat him with it.LOL He was'nt impressed.But the word NO probably stuck in his mind.He's a good dog.
SIL got a deer this first day of deer season. There were two trucks parked alongside our road,when I went out to check the mail.
Have'nt been able to sleep in a couple of days. Restless Leg Syndrom has had me climbing the walls.
No cure for old.Just insist you are in your second childhood and have fun. Just blame the grey hair on the kids. The wrinkles on the DH.The aches and pains on a fun life.
I think the young people today in general are spoiled and ignorant. I just shake my head in amazment when someone goes out to interview young people and they don't seem to know,Who the president is,Whats the capital of Arkansas,Is the moon a star. etc
My grandmother had to work hard as well as go to school. Yeppee I,myself had to walk a mile to school everyday. No TV. We did have a Jersey Queen.You knew you'd get a spanking in school if you misbehaved. Unwed mothers were a social no no. The very worst of the worst tho was girls were not supposed to be smart in the sciences.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

The thing that bugs me the most, well everything bugs me, but one of my pet peeves is the way girls and young women don't care if their underwear esp. bra straps are showing! I remember in 6th grade saying "it's snowing down South" if a girl's slip were showing. Now nobody wears slips! Or panties. THe bra straps are another thing--if they don't wear bras they don't get the push up so they all wear bras--and the straps always show. I try to coordinate my bras to my shirts because I'm kind of slope-shouldered and don't have good posture, so often my bra shows by accident, and I want it to look like part of my clothes. My kids think I'm silly.

YES, Vickie, and it even extended into what was "proper" for a young lady to read. Science fiction was very definitely considered proper reading only for boys. I had to stuff my Heinlein and Asimov under the mattress or behind the Nancy Drew mysteries like they were contraband. I tried pointing out once that women were WRITING science fiction, but there were few female SF writers published then. Leigh Brackett and, later, Ursula K. LeGuin. The male-female SF writer ratio is still lopsided, but getting better.
Carrie, I had that disagreement with Nadi not to long ago and came to the same resolution. She likes the extreme boatneck necklines and the style does look good on her, but there really isn't a way to wear that style without a bra strap showing.
When Mindy was a teenager having lots of frills showing at your hemline was the style....and you finished off the look with what amounted to combat boots. :-) I learned not to argue with my daughters much about what they wore because they would inevitably drag out some old pictures of me back in the 60's. lol. Not much I could say after that. k*

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

She can wear a tank top or a sports bra that looks like a tank top -- but I'll get out of the way here. (ducking)

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I'll duck too. We can't leave the boys out. How about those droopy shorts that look like they'll fall off any moment. LOL

Thought it time to start a new thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1230210/

This message was edited Nov 16, 2011 1:27 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.