Greenhouse shades

Millfield, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm new to this forum and hope I'm not asking questions that have been covered many times before. I will soon have the stonework completed on the tallest wall of my greenhouse (attached to house). Tile for the floor and some interior work and then the magic starts. The 3 outer walls are vertical and double glazed patio door panels. The roof is fairly steep and is comprised of 2 identical panels, end to end, lining up with each wall panel. From my living room entrance to GH, there is a 4' drop to the GH floor. All told, the tallest part of GH is about 2 stories. I'm giving all this info to set the stage for my questions. I plan to make roller shades of some sort of shade cloth for the vertical walls and sliding shades similar to a Shadetree canopy for the sloped roof. Each pair of ceiling panels is between wood beams so attaching a system should be no problem. Does anyone have any experience with similar shading problems? I appreciate your expertise.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

No experience but I would LOVE to see it, make sure you post pictures (or invite us all for a visit, haha)

Millfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Cathy4:

I'll be sure to post some pix soon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.